Prosumer and Drumcell, to name but two, have both had notable shows there.

Format used Club 120 a few times as well.

Good times!

Prosumer and Drumcell, to name but two, have both had notable shows there.

Format used Club 120 a few times as well.

Good times!

You know your techno! While I never made it to those parties, I've been to couple of the Deep&Tech marathons and played a couple Stacked parties 3-4 years ago. Pixelcorn & ESP have also done some really good jams there as well. The venue definitely isn't used very often but enough that it will be missed.

Around St. Patrick's day this past spring I joined an Irish Toronto historical walking tour. McVeigh's was one of the stops, and we were told that it was the very first Irish pub in Toronto to get a liquor license. Assuming that's true, it makes me glad to see it remain.

Years ago this was 'Club Rockit' for a while, where Inertia Entertainment ran metal shows. There were serious ventilation issues there though, and shows were unbearably hot.

Either way, surprised this lot wasn't snatched up ages ago. It's a central location.

Years ago this was 'Club Rockit' for a while, where Inertia Entertainment ran metal shows. There were serious ventilation issues there though, and shows were unbearably hot.

Either way, surprised this lot wasn't snatched up ages ago. It's a central location.

Yup, went to Rockit once, then the venue had a name change and hosted gothic events for a year or so. I think after that it became an Asian restaurant? I'm not really sure - as a west ender, there's a psychological barrier to venture east of Yonge Street very often.

Yup, went to Rockit once, then the venue had a name change and hosted gothic events for a year or so. I think after that it became an Asian restaurant? I'm not really sure - as a west ender, there's a psychological barrier to venture east of Yonge Street very often.
The Rockit was upstairs and Noel Peterson, who runs Inertia Entertainment, ran a restaurant downstairs. It was short-lived and when he sold the upstairs turned into a different club and the downstairs an Asian restaurant.

I really don't like how we leave old buildings alone like this surrounded by a new tower. I think it looks weird. And McVeighs is such an ugly building to begin with.
I am quite liking this slick tower though! Very nice.

I've always wondered how they'd develop the lots surrounding 50 Lombard. Here, apparently by ignoring it. Those look like some very tight clearances.

Hmm, hadn't caught tis before: big floor plates!
From the 10th to the 20th floor: 1,319 square metres,
then the 21st up: 790 square metres

Will the City accept something that much larger than the 75o square metres it normally wants as a maximum?

Back