I apologize in advance for bumping this thread. I have been trying to find an update about this proposed tower, and I read the previous thread pages, and I can't find any new information anywhere. Is this proposal stalled, or has it been reviewed or sent back to fix issues with the design or anything? Does anyone know if and when it's going to be brought before city council for approval or not? Any information about where this proposal is at would be helpful; thanks. 😀

I apologize in advance for bumping this thread. I have been trying to find an update about this proposed tower, and I read the previous thread pages, and I can't find any new information anywhere. Is this proposal stalled, or has it been reviewed or sent back to fix issues with the design or anything? Does anyone know if and when it's going to be brought before city council for approval or not? Any information about where this proposal is at would be helpful; thanks. 😀

It never made it past the preliminary report.

The application is no longer active with the City.

I can find no active cases at the OLT on this file.

This one appears dead for the moment; but perhaps someone else would have further insight.

It never made it past the preliminary report.

The application is no longer active with the City.

I can find no active cases at the OLT on this file.

This one appears dead for the moment; but perhaps someone else would have further insight.
Thank you. I appreciate your help with this. I hadn't heard anything new in so long that I thought something must have happened. I guess we'll just have to wait and see if there's a new proposal at some point for this site.

Not complaining, just curious as to why or when this one gets taken out of the database if it's dead?

Because...

This one appears dead for the moment...
...as it is been the experience around these parts that projects, or the sites they're where to be built upon, have a habit of being resurrected at times. In the meantime, it's likely kept as a record that something of serious interest was planning to be built there, I gather.

It's looks like it's connected to the developed next door at 80 Bloor st west lol! They should put those two together and make one thin supertall.
Unfortunately (or fortunately I suppose depending on how you look at it) the neighbouring tower going through as is all but shuts down any chance of something like this the being built here. There's just not enough space.

Perhaps someone put a quick proposal together here to get some unknown benefit from adjacent site? If anyone knows more... Having a heavy mechanical equipment to structure integration background the building's height to width ratio particularly with the large north, south depth would IMO require heavy full width steel cross bracing or solid full width concrete walls even with mass dampers to mitigate wind loading. Images provided by developer without these features seemed to me nothing more than marketing material. Think this one was a paper building or do we now say virtual? Thoughts welcome...

Perhaps someone put a quick proposal together here to get some unknown benefit from adjacent site? If anyone knows more... Having a heavy mechanical equipment to structure integration background the building's height to width ratio particularly with the large north, south depth would IMO require heavy full width steel cross bracing or solid full width concrete walls even with mass dampers to mitigate wind loading. Images provided by developer without these features seemed to me nothing more than marketing material. Think this one was a paper building or do we now say virtual? Thoughts welcome...
If I'm not mistaken, there was some sort of attempt from the developer here to merge this and the neighbouring site into one development, but the neighbours had no interest. (Could be wrong though)

The proposal was never all that realistic but they got incredibly prestigious architects here and the building is complex and well thought out. A lot of work for zoning excercise or something of the like.

Given all the names associated with this project are from well out of town (as far as I'm aware) my best guess is one of two things happened.

They found a site they liked and cooked up a nice proposal but didn't do their homework beforehand to realise there was no way the city would approve it. Or they simply thought the prestige would allow them to break almost every rule in the book and get a free pass (or possibly even a mix of both)

When they realised their proposal was genuinely unworkable, they made an 11th hour bid to fold this in with the neighbouring project and when that also predictably failed, it became a dead site.

Toronto Model 10-19-22 1200 Bay.png

Back