I was at Adam Vaughan's planning meeting for this development. It looks gorgeous in the renders. Even though the lot is small, the tower has huge set-backs. If it gets built, it could be the nicest condo tower in the city.

The property was quietly sold conditionally to a developer early last year.
Langston Hall 2 is pretty much dead.

Wellington Lofts was never marketed publicly, but according to Fortress 3 out of the 6 lofts were presold.
The development was originally supposed to be a renovation of a 2-storey warehouse building with a 3rd floor prefab pod-like apartment added on the roof, as shown at Rhed's display at the Interior Design Show three years ago.
Strangely the building was later changed into a satellite banquet hall/events building for the Templar Hotel. It's unknown what happened to the original purchasers of the loft units, if there were even any, and unknown to why the project was suddenly changed.
A stockpile of stone slabs, building equipment and a large air handling unit has sat in front of the building unmoved for almost two years, I'm sure the neighbours are complaining about it.

Citizen House, on Peel Street, was supposed to be a satellite extended-stay rental villa (under 2,000 sq.ft.) for the Templar Hotel. But for the last two years has been sitting as a rusting steel skeleton, meanwhile Streetcar Developments is rapidly redeveloping most of the block around it.

Hopefully this project will get off the ground now that it will be developed by Carlyle Communities and Fortress Developments. Thread title update, i42?

Done. It will be interesting to see how they propose to redevelop this rather small lot!

Maybe part of the plan is to acquire the properties next to it to make it more developable.
I'm curious how much Fortress got the property for, or if it was through Rhed's default on the property.
I also wonder if there were any takers for the Templar Hotel as that was or is under a power of sale.

Back