New docs posted March 22:
upload_2018-4-5_17-29-10.png

Interestingly, the height was reduced to 45.5 m but the number of storeys has increased to 14.

Attachments

• upload_2018-4-5_17-29-10.png
    upload_2018-4-5_17-29-10.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 2,303
The ask: 14 storeys, 1 retail unit, 32 parking spaces (100 required), 106 bicycle spaces (95 required) + 11 short-term (11 required), and best of all:

1-bed: 7
2-bed: 56
2-bed + den: 15
3-bed: 27

The architecture may be a bit limp, but it's a sensible, family-friendly, urban-minded development. And let's not forget what the site currently looks like. I say build it!!

I dont know what has gotten into Sweeny and Co lately, but they should keep sipping whatever lemonade they've been sipping on for the past couple months. They've seemed to have recaptured a lot of their old architectural prowess.

Usually not a fan of Sweeny&Co but this is actually wonderful. Good job to the team that came up with this - it's what we desperately need more of in Toronto. It's visually interesting without any clutter. Clean and crisp. ?

Edit: I should add, the real test now will be how it fares during VE exercises and the developer's endless changes of mind in order to squeeze out every last square meter of saleable floor area. That's when the rubber hits the road, architecturally. Hopefully Minto will have a little mercy but I won't hold my breath.

Honestly, if I'd seen the rendering without the architect's name, I never in a million years would have guessed Sweeny.

Anyway, yeah, this is good. The solidity of the cladding and the double-height forms around the windows on the lower half remind me vaguely of 51 Camden just across the park. I wonder whether that was an intentional reference on Sweeny's part.

Back