Northern Light

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
This site is the Lee's Food Products site.

First noted as maybe in play by @AlbertC, here:

Subsequently noted as probably being picked up by Core by @ChesterCopperpot here:

Confirmed by way of Core having registered to lobby on this site today.

Site includes the above noted addresses and 77 Leslie street as well.

Aerial pic below reflects the assembly, the Queen/Leslie intersection is in the top-left of the image:

1644255175668.png

Site Size: ~2100m2/ 23000ft2

Streetview pics:

From the intersection of Queen/Leslie:

1644255310935.png

Queen St frontage looking west:

1644255349304.png

Leslie frontage looking East-North-East:

1644255394527.png

This site is the Lee's Food Products site.

First noted as maybe in play by @AlbertC, here:

Subsequently noted as probably being picked up by Core by @ChesterCopperpot here:

Confirmed by way of Core having registered to lobby on this site today.

Site includes the above noted addresses and 77 Leslie street as well.

Aerial pic below reflects the assembly, the Queen/Leslie intersection is in the top-left of the image:

View attachment 378998

Site Size: ~2100m2/ 23000ft2

Streetview pics:

From the intersection of Queen/Leslie:

View attachment 378999

Queen St frontage looking west:

View attachment 379000

Leslie frontage looking East-North-East:

View attachment 379001

For the title, 1233-1243 Queen Street East. ;)

ZBA application submitted:

Development Applications

Project description:
Official Plan and Zoning By-law Amendment application to facilitate the redevelopment of the site for an 8-storey mixed-use building having a non-residential gross floor area of 250 square metres, and a residential gross floor area of 8656.50 square metres. 132 purpose built rental dwelling units are proposed.

Between this and their recently submitted project on Danforth near Greenwood, Core Development Group do look to be proactively expanding their rental portfolio. I'm curious if they'll also be going with Studio JCI here as the architect of choice.

This will be a good addition for that corner, I like the application of brick used here. Whether it's a nod to the doors and window frames of the China Lily building, or just because, the red used at the corner entrance area of the base is also a nice touch.

Studio JCI have been producing a lot of good stuff.

They often use brick and warm tones and show a deft hand at neighbourhood context.

Several other firms should take note.

Thank you Albert C for this! As I have mentioned before I recently moved into this area (2 1/2 years) and was hoping for the area to improve. It is improving at a much faster pace than I expected. I was thinking that some retail space would have been on the Leslie St.side. If I’m reading this correctly there are two townhouses on the Memory Lane corner which is a nice idea or continue the feel of the houses to the south. Love it thus far.

That looks like it will be a solid addition to the neighbourhood. It's about time! Will be nice to see it rise. Agreed, that red is a lovely touch, a bit of historical reference.

Similar to their Danforth proposal - a lot of studios here (64%)

I think these "four bedrooms" will become mini rooming houses with individual rooms and dens rented out to students and professional singles working in the core.
edit to add: I like the front entrance cut out bit. Looks like something from a 1920s theatre.

Back