News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

I noticed this as well and also the cars seemed higher than the platform. It looked like it could be a problem.

It's the track. If you have ever seen any other subway cars on that platform, you will notice that they do the same. The TRs on any regular mainline platform line up nicely.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

I have to admit that while i'm not tall by any stretch of the imagination (5'9) I did feel uncomfortable underneath the Air conditioning unit sections by the ends of each car. I also dislike the lack fo the middle hanging handle bar. kinda don't know what I'll hold on to if it's a packed train and I'm stuck in the middle...

Though I also found this initially discouraging, I later noticed that actually the T1s have this exact same space, with whatever mechanical equipment overhead and reducing the ceiling height on both ends, we just dun usually notice it since we couldn't walk between the cars now, but check it out for your self, either of the T1s have the exact same thing going on..

Subway car interiors seem to be getting blander with every generation. Gadgets aside, the Toronto Rocket interior is even blander than the T1, which has more red panels like the interior doors and the panel that divides the seating area from the doors, as well as the faux stone-patterned floor panels. With the exception of the seats, the Toronto Rocket is pretty much all neutral colours inside: white walls, silver dividers, metal doors, and a simple grey floor. The rivet-free exterior profile looks cleaner, but also more monotonous.

Though I also found this initially discouraging, I later noticed that actually the T1s have this exact same space, with whatever mechanical equipment overhead and reducing the ceiling height on both ends, we just dun usually notice it since we couldn't walk between the cars now, but check it out for your self, either of the T1s have the exact same thing going on..

That's not entirely true. Yes, the T1s (and H5s and H6s) have some ventilation equipment located up there, the ceiling height is still higher than that same area around the ends of the TR cars, which is the whole of the self-contained HVAC packages.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

faux stone-patterned floor panels.

I thought the reason for using patterns like this was to mask how dirty the floor is. With a plain gray floor and white walls these trains will look dirtier than T1s with the same amount of grime.

Salt stains will be especially bad, like on the buses.

Last edited:
"horn" cars - whatever THAT is

How about cars that have the horns on them lol

Yeah, i thought so too (LOL), but then i thought, where would the "horn" cars be placed? Isn't a "conductor" car at the front and rear, and then why wouldn't the front and rear cars have the horns? Maybe you could just educate me on where you feel all three types of cars will be placed. Back to you...Agram. Thanks. (did you have any idea why some cars of the display had 2 screens and some had 3?)

Last edited:
Next time I am on the TR I will check and ask the Engineers and also look at the manual

They should have chose yellow for the colours.

Are you talking about interior colours or exterior?

The seats, the bars, and the doors from the inside. To go with the yellow line like the H5s.

man mustard never looks good IMO, i think the H5s look super tacky. The current colour scheme looks clean and utilitarian. At least the red matches the TTC's main colour. If it was blue on the inside, I'd be more inclined to complain about the aesthetics.

I'm not sure which model they are, but I like the trains that are yellow, orange, and red inside the most, and that make a lot of noise upon accelerating. I believe the floors are orange. Those feel really vintage and are probably going to be phased out soon. Today, yellow and orange aren't very popular anymore among interior designers, but more colour would be better.

The tube probably has more reason to have colour coded trains since there are so many different coloured lines so they have the interior colours match, and to cause less confusion.

I was in Vienna last year, they have a similar TR there and all the interior was yellow....the seats,walls, even the hanging down straps , felt like I was riding in a big banana

Back