I really, really like this idea. The current structure is an eyesore. I assume they'll clean up the upper floor exterior for a mre even effect. Its amazing how active Kingsett seems to be these days.

ZBA application submitted:

Development Applications

Project description:
Official Plan and Zoning By-law amendment application to facilitate the redevelopment of the site for a 35-storey mixed-use building, inclusive of a 10-storey podium. The proposed non-residential gross floor area is 9993.1 square metres, and the proposed residential gross floor area is 25,068 square metres. A total of 357 residential dwelling units are proposed.

Seems to be a bit on the timid side for KingSett. Would've expected them to aim for 45-50+ storeys as a starting point at a location like this.

Indeed, still BDP Quadrangle:

quadbay.JPG
quadbay2.JPG
quadbay3.JPG
quadbay4.JPG
quadbay5.JPG

Last edited:
While it isn't a masterpiece, it's so refreshing when a building is actually designed to accommodate interior walls in a way that doesn't just rely on boatloads of spandrel. Assuming the materials chosen are good, this could turn out decently.

I echo the sentiment that if the materials and details are done right, this will be a very very decent addition to the neighbourhood.

(and it is an improvement over the lumpy building presently on the site)

This should have been taller. There are / will be, 200+ metres on 3 sides of this. Why so short? Also, that cantilever comes awfully close to the future Cumberland Square proposal...

Back