1235 and 1255 are part of the same application. They just aren't doing anything to 1235.

1255Bay.png

This should have been taller. There are / will be, 200+ metres on 3 sides of this. Why so short? Also, that cantilever comes awfully close to the future Cumberland Square proposal...
Yeah it would look nice being a little taller knowing how beautiful this rendering looks . But we need some hieght diversity too. As seen in the the photo below showing the building in orange compliments of FutureModelTo . What's nice about this building is that it's using earth tone colours instead of today's standard ones if you know what I mean!

Last edited:
This should have been taller. There are / will be, 200+ metres on 3 sides of this. Why so short? Also, that cantilever comes awfully close to the future Cumberland Square proposal...

Likely due to shadowing among other things. It does look comically short next to nearby proposals:

09.24.2021.jpg

I retract my statement about it being too close to the Cumberland Square proposal. I looked at the UT map, and the pin is placed on 1235 Bay...

Welp...I knew one of those stumpy brown office buildings there where going to bite it. They have "I dare you to demo me!" written all over them.

Per the above; @Paclo should be flagged.

The proposal is a boost in height of +4s

Total residential units 399 ( I believe that's +42)

FSI 16.94

@ProjectEnd will be enthused by the still 3 elevators, leaving an elevator ratio of 1 per 133 units.

I mean, goodness...if one of those elevators need to be put on service.

Per the above; @Paclo should be flagged.

The proposal is a boost in height of +4s

Total residential units 399 ( I believe that's +42)

FSI 16.94

@ProjectEnd will be enthused by the still 3 elevators, leaving an elevator ratio of 1 per 133 units.
On the one hand: boooooooooooo. On the other, it's just a zoning play so it makes sense that KS want to maximize the permitted areas in the by-law and not lose it on things like elevators. Honestly, I'm surprised they even kept three, technically above 3 storeys, all you need is one shaft...

Back