androiduk

Member Bio
Reaction score
I was told by a prospective tenant that Minto bought this building. It seems like they're trying to buy all of Yorkville and redevelop it.

If it is next door to the 27 Yorkville Garage then maybe Minto is trying to expand their lot size???

I wouldn't mind seeing a hotel here. There actually aren't that many hotels in the Yonge/Bloor/Yorkville area considering it's a tourist destination, etc.

I wouldn't mind seeing a hotel here. There actually aren't that many hotels in the Yonge/Bloor/Yorkville area considering it's a tourist destination, etc.

It would have to be geared to a different market of tourist with the upscale FS right across the street, but I could easily see a hotel happening here

One of the stores in 1255 Bay has a lease expiry - going out of business sale going on. According to a staffer, the new owner is offering a two year lease at a new, very high rate, after which the building is to be demolished. The new owner is currently doing a building 'at the corner of Yonge and Gerrard' - which I think would make it Canderel....

I have a feeling it has more to do with their existing proposal beside this lot. I know the city was taking issues about how tight the existing site was for 2 towers, so I image that they bought this to allow for 2 towers with a bit more room.

From my understanding, the Cuumberland Garage proposal, 2 bloor west, and 50 bloor west are alll being redesigned to work better together. Instead of 3 different developments being awkward, they are working together to create a sort of master plan for the area that will be developed in 3 seperate plots. I read somewhere that they want to introduce a view corridor to the historic firehouse from bloor..

I have a feeling it has more to do with their existing proposal beside this lot. I know the city was taking issues about how tight the existing site was for 2 towers, so I image that they bought this to allow for 2 towers with a bit more room.

From my understanding, the Cuumberland Garage proposal, 2 bloor west, and 50 bloor west are alll being redesigned to work better together. Instead of 3 different developments being awkward, they are working together to create a sort of master plan for the area that will be developed in 3 seperate plots. I read somewhere that they want to introduce a view corridor to the historic firehouse from bloor..

http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/showthread.php/19901-Yorkville-Cumberland-projects

Thank you!

1255 Bay St. @ Yorkville (enclose ground floor setback)

Application: Zoning Review Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5R 2A9

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 13 272625 ZPR 00 ZR Accepted Date: Dec 2, 2013

Project: Non-Residential Building Addition

Description: Proposal to enclose existing retail facade on ground and 2nd floor levels (Bay St Side & Yorkville Side) for addition of retail/office space.

Capture1255.JPG

Back