A few notes from the meeting:

Someone asked whether KingSett intended to complete the development themselves or rezone and flip, and they claimed that they hadn't decided yet. Also TBD whether they'd be going for condo or rental.

The site is currently zoned for something like 4.0 FSI, and for this proposal they're seeking 5.9, IIRC.

They're leaving space next to the rail corridor for GO platforms and the future Barrie Corridor multi-use path. There will likely be a pedestrian bridge built north over Bloor as part of the future Bloor/Lansdowne GO station, but that's not shown in the current renders as it will be a Metrolinx project.

Courtyard area is envisioned as a POPS, while the southern portion would be a public park.

I hope a direct connection to Line 2 will be accommodated here
Not a chance that it would be by KingSett on this site. If the City or Province wants to connect the new GO station with the TTC station, that'll be paid for through some other method: they are not that close to each other. I assume redevelopments along the north side of Bloor will eventually provide an improved connection.

Not a chance that it would be by KingSett on this site. If the City or Province wants to connect the new GO station with the TTC station, that'll be paid for through some other method: they are not that close to each other. I assume redevelopments along the north side of Bloor will eventually provide an improved connection.

Yeah, doesn't seem very feasible for this site, unless someone would be willing to build an angled tunnel south west under Bloor...

Agreed. ~230m = not happening:

1607539596209.png

Paradise Lounge will likely flip in the next 12 months, this stretch of Bloor is going to be a very different place in 5 years...

I really hope this proposal improves through the review process. Useless POPS/Parkland dedication, terrible transition to surrounding residential land uses, and a questionable distribution of density that will have huge sun/shadow impacts to the neighbourhoods east and west.

Should be 20 stories tops at the north end of the site with a decent transition to the properties to the south...

Back