The podium is too bulky, but the towers look okay. With a slim podium and dark blue glazing like 100 Queen's Quay East, it would be decent. But the rendering is pretty sneaky when it comes to hiding the spandrel and transoms.

The podium is too bulky, but the towers look okay. With a slim podium and dark blue glazing like 100 Queen's Quay East, it would be decent. But the rendering is pretty sneaky when it comes to hiding the spandrel and transoms.
With the stuff that Tribute pulls, the cladding wont even come anywhere close to what we seen on 100 Queen's Quay.

The icing on the cake is that when one chooses to work with G+C, we pretty much know the materials will be a write off.

*Edit: Side note I didnt realize how massive this proposal is....1,210 Units!?!? Talk about jamming a load into a thin pipe and hoping for the best.

Last edited:
*Edit: Side note I didnt realize how massive this proposal is....1,210 Units!?!? Talk about jamming a load into a thin pipe and hoping for the best.
It's that bulking podium. I am sure it can fit a whole ton of units.

As much of an affront that podium is to the eyes, one has to admit that it probably will allow for some decent floorplates and unit plans.

^Also it can contribute to the midrise streetwall along the Queensway, as someone in this thread suggested. Maybe the podium could be cleaved off into a separate midrise volume?

It's that bulking podium. I am sure it can fit a whole ton of units.

As much of an affront that podium is to the eyes, one has to admit that it probably will allow for some decent floorplates and unit plans.

Sample of a couple floor plans in the podium levels. The general breakdown of the 1,210 total units are: 28 studios, 803 one-bedrooms, 256 two-bedrooms, and 123 three-bedrooms.

1597415237889.png

1597415308195.png

glass brutalism is here \o/

Yeah, looking at it, I thought the design process must have gone like this:

"Let's take modernism, brutalism and POMO design elements, throw out anything good , toss the worst parts from each in a blender and finish it with bad materials choices"

Nothing wrong with intensifying that location, but the only reasonable reaction to this design is: 🤮

Yeah, looking at it, I thought the design process must have gone like this:

"Let's take modernism, brutalism and POMO design elements, throw out anything good , toss the worst parts from each in a blender and finish it with bad materials choices"

Nothing wrong with intensifying that location, but the only reasonable reaction to this design is: 🤮

in my mind the worst thing with the whole render is all the random trees on tiny balconies
nobody will want to hump a tree just to get a clear view of a half dead mall known for having the last zellers

This one has made it to a Preliminary Report; headed to the March 3rd, 2021 meeting of EYCC.

Report here: https://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2021/ey/bgrd/backgroundfile-163413.pdf

Sadly, no mention of Glass Brutalism anywhere in the report.

The 'issues' section mostly reads as pretty standard.

There is some material site-specific complaint about the public realm and number of trees.

From the report:

1613765555870.png

1613765573555.png

Back