WislaHD

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Building was listed for sale recently: Avison Young Brochure - 141 Erskine - July 2020

1607710959233.png

Notably, two development intensification scenarios were studied:

1607711033838.png

1607711051593.png

Kinda hope that whomever purchases it goes with Scenario II with the townhomes, as the existing building is a great example of mid-century expressionist architecture and was designed by Uno Prii. See UT article here: https://urbantoronto.ca/news/2016/03/photo-day-uno-priis-americana

Last edited:
Woah woah woah...hold your horses. Yea, don't knock this down. This is a well designed building as already noted in this thread. I appreciate the swooping curves and lines throughout its design even though I see this building very rarely anymore.

Scenerio II please. And only if it looked liked Mr. Prill raised from his grave to designed the respective infill himself. Just saying.

It's an Uno Prii with heritage protection. Redevelopment won't be as easy as the Avison cowboys are making it seem there...

Pretty limited protection, I'm afraid; It's listed, but not designated.

Purchased by Q Management LP, re-development doesn't seem likely.

The fund was also used to purchase the nearby 13-storey, 162-unit Erskine Heights apartment building at 141 Erskine Ave. in Toronto from Soudan Investments. The building is located near Mt. Pleasant Road and close to the Eglinton subway station, retail, banks and movie theatres.
The recent acquisitions are similar high-rise concrete buildings that are close to 50 years old.

“They’re very well-located and well-built assets and they just need an update and upgrades to modern standards,” said Argiros. “We’re really strong believers in improving the overall liveability of a property and making a more comfortable and safer building.

Rezoning application submitted:

133 ERSKINE AVE
Ward 15: Don Valley West

Zoning By-law Amendment Application for an 31-storey residential building containing 296 new residential dwelling units, including 26 rental replacement units. The proposed residential gross floor area is 22,242 square metres.

Hmmm, I don't see any path to '31 storeys' here w/o demolition, which would seem a shame.

Hmmm, I don't see any path to '31 storeys' here w/o demolition, which would seem a shame.
This application has only 26 rental replacement units when there are 162 existing units at 141 Erskine. Note that the application includes 133 Erskine, a much smaller building to the west on the corner of Redpath. My guess is that they will tear down 133 Erskine, replace it with 31 storeys and keep 141 Erskine standing.

This application has only 26 rental replacement units when there are 162 existing units at 141 Erskine. Note that the application includes 133 Erskine, a much smaller building to the west on the corner of Redpath. My guess is that they will tear down 133 Erskine, replace it with 31 storeys and keep 141 Erskine standing.

Good analysis! We shall see soon enough!

It has to be that. I'm adjusting the thread title.

So, I think we're of the consensus, that's it's this building getting the chop:

1640371790721.png

1640372007409.png

The core site (assuming none of the 141 property used is small'ish.........but workable at ~1100m2 or about 12,000ft2

From the lot line to closest point on the Pri building is ~24M

So most/all of that is likely off limits due to separation distances.

To the south, there's about a 10M setback for that building, from its lot line.

It's about another 11M to the existing south wall of the existing building at 133 for a total of ~21M

I think that gives us as pretty good picture of what can work here.

Back