I'm kind of intrigued to see the design built, but preferably in Scarborough or Markham, not in downtown.

Still less than mediocre.

I see some effort to match the immediate context on the Queen side; though the execution is still meh; but on Richmond the builiding really doesn't address its neighbour at all.

The over all design is generic suburbia; and it does so little to address context, both though the podium massing on the Richmond side but also through materiality.

Something modest they could do is work on the channelized portion of Richmond they abut. It should be narrowed, and treated w/brick pavers. This would make it more a part of the public realm that happens to permit some car traffic, rather than part of the thoroughfare that happens to permit some people.

I don't mind it, but the material quality will be what makes or breaks this design I imagine.

I wonder how the area will gentrify with the Fred Victor house right around the block.
Right, I hope the bougie condo yuppies will respect the recovering addicts.

I would expect that these new developments will integrate more or less the same as those in Riverside and Leslieville, where similar services are provided.

I've finally found time to get the database file updated for this project with the new renderings, and height. This new version is 2 storeys and 27 feet shorter, but with the same number of units in it. So, the average floor now has less than one more unit per floor while they are now a bit shorter, with more floors now 9' 2 ¼" slab level to slab level, or about 8' 6" ceilings instead of about 9'.

Does this proposal include any public realm improvements (i.e the small triangular parkette in front of it on Richmond)? I notice it's featured in one of the renders with an adjusted design and multiple seating areas VS the single on that's currently there.

Hi guys, just saw some guys taking away the construction and "for lease" signs at the parking lot? Does anyone have a good guess when pre-construction might start?

Hi guys, just saw some guys taking away the construction and "for lease" signs at the parking lot? Does anyone have a good guess when pre-construction might start?
The building does not have zoning approval, let alone a site plan application submitted to the City, and no sales (although the Cortel group could decide to go rental if they wanted). Either way, it will be quite a while still.

The building does not have zoning approval, let alone a site plan application submitted to the City, and no sales (although the Cortel group could decide to go rental if they wanted). Either way, it will be quite a while still.

Thanks, 42. Just walked by again and noticed that the "for lease" sign has been replaced with an advertisement for a cannabis store which is apparently setting up shop in there ;)I assume they must have signed at least a 2 year lease.

I just saw that they submitted their first proposal in 2018 and had a townhall in 2019 but couldn't find any further information on the progress. I have very little knowledge of these timelines but based on your experience, how long does it typically take a developer to start construction once a zoning approval has been granted?

All the best & Happy Thanksgiving, Mitch

Thanks, 42. Just walked by again and noticed that the "for lease" sign has been replaced with an advertisement for a cannabis store which is apparently setting up shop in there ;)I assume they must have signed at least a 2 year lease.

I just saw that they submitted their first proposal in 2018 and had a townhall in 2019 but couldn't find any further information on the progress. I have very little knowledge of these timelines but based on your experience, how long does it typically take a developer to start construction once a zoning approval has been granted?

All the best & Happy Thanksgiving, Mitch
Sorry to say @MitchV, but you never know at what speed the City will finish their review, whether the developer will appeal to the LPAT or not if they feel the City is moving too slowly, how long it will take the LPAT to schedule a hearing if they go that route, whether the developer will negotiate with the City in the meantime should they go the LPAT route, at what point the developer will feel ready to start sales, and then how long it will take to get enough sales to secure financing from the banks… there are simply too many variables for us to have an for any particular building. Anyway, Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

I give this one a 6/10 better then the last render for sure. That curve all the way up is really nice bordered by the curved balconies.

Back