Not until we strangle the bubble and no government's going to do that any time soon.

I like to see development, but I have to wonder if there’s a saturation point for condos.

Why would there be?

More immigrants come to Toronto each year than the supply of new housing of all types, and that is not even considering the considerably high domestic demand. People have got to live somewhere.

Sites like this will add considerable pockets of new housing stock in a well serviced location near major employment.

We don't even have the necessary supply of construction workers to build that many condos! 😅

Looks like Staples is moving into the old Deciem building.

92C89AF2-AE7A-4FB8-A617-AE41ECF082AF.jpeg

The new Staples store, which indeed includes co-working space and a cafe, is now open. With this set up, I'd imagine they'll be around for at least the medium term for the next several years.

Article with more info and photos:

That patio looks great. I could go there with my laptop, grab a coffee and work for an hour easily. Hopefully it's quieter than my balcony.

Not that I expect that much patio weather in the next six months, but it's good to have the option.

Will be an interesting juxtaposition to have this slim toothpick next to the Great Gulf density blob (Home) coming down the Eastern/Richmond ramp. Brad Lamb follows no guideline! I'm wondering what he has in store for Stratenger's on Queen East. Certainly won't be a six storey mid-rise based on his track record.

Will be an interesting juxtaposition to have this slim toothpick next to the Great Gulf density blob (Home) coming down the Eastern/Richmond ramp. Brad Lamb follows no guideline! I'm wondering what he has in store for Stratenger's on Queen East. Certainly won't be a six storey mid-rise based on his track record.
Hopefully it has a contrasting colour scheme as well. It would nice to have something skinny and warm vs something blobular and cold to break up the skyline a little.

So the business where Strat's once, Dave's Hot Chicken, is only a temporary measure? I'm curious how tall Lamb wants to go. I imagine there'd be pushback from locals if it was much more than 6-8 stories. The streets like Brooklyn and Bertmount are charming as is....

So the business where Strat's once, Dave's Hot Chicken, is only a temporary measure? I'm curious how tall Lamb wants to go. I imagine there'd be pushback from locals if it was much more than 6-8 stories. The streets like Brooklyn and Bertmount are charming as is....
He bought the empty lot next door, but does he own the Strat's building itself? I don't remember hearing about that, though I think many expected it to happen.

Back