There's pushback from locals if you propose anything. Hopefully the LPAT will continue to give us decently tall buildings in this area, because city council certainly wouldn't do it of their own accord.

He bought the empty lot next door, but does he own the Strat's building itself? I don't remember hearing about that, though I think many expected it to happen.
You know, I don't think so.... my wife and I know Dharam, who owned and ran Stratenger's. Some months ago, a handful of days before he closed down for good, he told us that the new owner was going to open up a resto, and he left it at that. He didn't indicate that the space next door was part of the deal, although he did say that people have, over the last several years, made repeated offers to Dharam for the property Strats sat on... he just wanted to hold out because he loved running that place. He was there for a quarter century and even though he lived in Etobicoke, he loved what he did. He gave in because it was getting to be physically too hard on him and he wanted to spend more time with his family and grand-kids.

Unless Lamb has offered to buy out whoever owns Dave's Hot Chicken... yes, that would give Lamb a lot more to work with. Apologies for the deflection to Leslieville, by the way - I'll leave it at that.

Just moved in the area and I'm curious to know what will end up happening to that site.
Worts Lane starts at Parliament and ends on Richmond. What will they do with it?

*Docs are up*

Architect is aA

1637776299832.png

1637776376164.png

1637776425179.png

1637776457410.png

I live in East United. This project will take over my Northern View of the City in about 5/10 years. They better make that building look good.
Also, no balconies in the current design?

Lamb is the master in squeezing large towers on tiny sites. My family's cottage lot is 2x this site for what that's worth lol
Edit to add: I like the office tower look

these two east end Lambs are pretty clearly rush-jobs to beat IZ. I fully expect them to be more fleshed out in resubmissions.

Yeah, sounds about a likely course of action. Even Lamb's 75 Ontario Street first came out as super generic diagrams before eventually getting more detail, and that was way before the IZ-maggedon began looming.

In fairness, everyone I know in the industry right now is experiencing a staff shortage, especially with the recent rush to submit before IZ.
It seems there just aren't enough designers and architects for post-COVID Toronto. So if anyone was thinking of a career change...!

In fairness, everyone I know in the industry right now is experiencing a staff shortage, especially with the recent rush to submit before IZ.
It seems there just aren't enough designers and architects for post-COVID Toronto. So if anyone was thinking of a career change...!
I was under the assumption architecture as of recent has become way oversaturated. At least at the junior level anecdotally.

Back