That is indeed an excellent question, particularly with TF remaining on as the local architect...

Assuming they use curtain wall, I see no reason why this shouldn't be good though, if not quite as seamless as the rendering.

Clients of TF typically aren't the type who'd go to such lengths - but who knows. Either way, I'd take these renderings with a huge grain of salt and wait for the actual details.

AoD

Wow. It's like a Hearst Tower (NYC) + CIBC Square with a sprinkle of Zaha Hadid. This went from a bottom of the barrel project to something I'm excited for. The top could be resolved better but the podium is 👌🏻

Agreed. Even if the design remains the same, I'll see this as a win.

Toronto Model 06-22-22 145 Wellington W.png

Wow this is an improvement from the previous design. Kinda looks like their 55 Yonge street design. I hope this doesn't mean that 55 Yonge is cancelled or altered.
Ngl when I clicked on the thread and saw the updated rendering I thought it was 55 Yonge and that it was a downgrade. Couldn't figure out why there was all this praise. Went back to the first page and saw the original rendering and then realized this is truly a major improvement.

Ngl when I clicked on the thread and saw the updated rendering I thought it was 55 Yonge and that it was a downgrade. Couldn't figure out why there was all this praise. Went back to the first page and saw the original rendering and then realized this is truly a major improvement.
I too thought where are all the curves that were there on 55 Yonge.

I've plunked some higher-res versions of the renderings into the database file, and here's a closer-up look at the lower levels:

145WellWPodSE1280T.jpg

I have also changed the number of storeys to 61 from 60, since two of the suites on the 60th floor have a second storey for the bedrooms that share what is otherwise a mechanical level.

So it looks like they're keeping the original building and re-cladding/reinforcing it à la 488 University Ave?
No, the intention has been to remove and replace the existing building, and unless something has changed that they have not written about in the supporting documents, they're still going with the not-great-for-the-environment plan.

Odd that they have an exoskeleton design yet columns directly behind. Double support or the diamonds are faux support?

As was the original plan for SkyTower (before the deadly, last minute V-E).

I think the 'decoration' works just fine for those of us stuck outside gazing at/snapping pics of the tower.
I may be overly cynical but I'd be willing to make a bet that this decorative faux-exoskeleton (which does look very nice in the pics, especially at the ground realm where it protrudes into a fine grained canopy) never makes it onto the actual building either.

I may be overly cynical but I'd be willing to make a bet that this decorative faux-exoskeleton (which does look very nice in the pics, especially at the ground realm where it protrudes into a fine grained canopy) never makes it onto the actual building either.

Yea expecting they somehow turn it into another generic condo tower.

Yea expecting they somehow turn it into another generic condo tower.

And I believe the revised height will be 199.99993 metres... (just to add to the glass half full chat).

Back