Fits right in and looks good. Similarly I didn't realize it was a rendering at first either. Hopefully it doesn't include that building to the north that Alex was talking about though.

This was previously posted on Jeff Hull's IG story:

20210818_133103.jpg

This was previously posted on Jeff Hull's IG story:

View attachment 342410

Albeit this is a render and not a photo, it reminds me a pic @ProjectEnd posted the other day in the Mirvish thread. It feels like you're looking straight up the face of the building.

Hullmark doing more big projects like this across the city could be very compelling. They seem to have a very high standard of work and architectural quality and understand that buildings shouldn't always just be snap-together spandrel and window wall. I hope they continue to do the great small scale projects as well though to help out our city on that fine-grained level as well.

Last edited:

Proposal Highlights

• 25-storey mixed-use building
  • 223 new residential units:
    • 5% studio
    • 50% 1-bedroom
    • 30% 2-bedroom
    • 15% 3-bedroom
  • 26 car parking spaces
  • 248 bicycle parking spaces

Timeline

Check back here to stay up-to-date on where we are in the planning application process, and learn about ways to get involved.

• First meeting District Lofts condo board - July 28th, 2021
  • Application submission - September 2nd, 2021
  • City-led community consultation meeting - TBD

147s.jpg
147s2.JPG
147s3.jpg
147s4.JPG

Screenshot_20210902-165754_Instagram.jpg

Absolutely loving the renders but material selection and fit and finish is what’s going to make this an icon versus and eye-sore. Very fine line between art-deco and faux-deco

I trust Hullmark to not put up sloppy towers like the Daniel’s towers by 401 and Bayview.

Love everything but find the giant planters (and possibly an arcade?) a horrendous choice for Spadina frontage. Keep the fine grain retail, somehow please.

eta: it appears there is patio space along spadina. Still doesn’t explain the arcade to me.

Back