As said by IC42 in the article, it does have echoes of Gaudi. I like that! Someone in the front page comments thinks it is ugly and would want it to be dark. Colour is a matter of individual preference, of course. But if the salute to Gaudi is intentional, this is the right colour, IMO. Think of the Sagrada Familia. To me a dark tower of this design might look oppressive.

Of course, if we are thinking of colour, Gaudi also designed Park Guell. But I don’t see that happening in Toronto!

I also love the almost playful curved balconies.

I very much hope this gets built.

As said by IC42 in the article, it does have echoes of Gaudi. I like that! Someone in the front page comments thinks it is ugly and would want it to be dark. Colour is a matter of individual preference, of course. But if the salute to Gaudi is intentional, this is the right colour, IMO. Think of the Sagrada Familia. To me a dark tower of this design might look oppressive.

Of course, if we are thinking of colour, Gaudi also designed Park Guell. But I don’t see that happening in Toronto!

I also love the almost playful curved balconies.

I very much hope this gets built.
To give credit where credit is due, it's Matias Bessai writing the article!

I am not at all familiar with the work of Partisans. So I looked up their website to see what else they are doing. There is a reference to and a rendering of a tower in Toronto they call “Glitch”. Interesting title! I can’t quite imagine that as a name approved by a marketing department but perhaps Toronto developers are more playful than I had thought. Does anyone know anything about this proposal/concept? (The background in the render looks more like a collection of some of the classic New York skyscrapers.)

I am not at all familiar with the work of Partisans. So I looked up their website to see what else they are doing. There is a reference to and a rendering of a tower in Toronto they call “Glitch”. Interesting title! I can’t quite imagine that as a name approved by a marketing department but perhaps Toronto developers are more playful than I had thought. Does anyone know anything about this proposal/concept? (The background in the render looks more like a collection of some of the classic New York skyscrapers.)

They say its Toronto; but the background for the render most certainly is not...........

1662139147414.png

Unless they’re selling the units as super luxury there’s likely no way the exterior cladding will end up looking like that if built.
For example, those double curved windows will have to be custom and look like they could easily be $50k each. If they’re selling 1 bedrooms for $3 million that might be feasible, otherwise…

I love Partisans' work wherever I get the chance to encounter it (Vela, Bar Raval). This is a very cool project, and very much in their style.

Wonderful. Too bad it's not earmarked to replace that depressing brick apartment building the next lot west.

The window glass look to be flat sliding glass doors, while it's the balcony glass that is curved.
(i.e. the doube/triple pane stuff is flat).
The precast could be feasible, but as others have mentioned, probably very expensive, like at The Butterfly in Vancouver.

Cool drawing. Now show us what you're actually going to build.

It's worth saying at this juncture, Partisans has produced a series of fairly interesting, fairly attractive designs for different Toronto proposals, beyond this one, those on Yonge and on Wellington come to mind.....

Likewise Gh3 have a couple of pretty good ones to their credit.

Not one of these have been delivered, or even hit a shovel in the ground yet.

There is no specific evidence that this, or any other design noted above won't be delivered; but a certain measure of cynicism is entirely reasonable and healthy.

Back