No, of course not, what I meant was that is won't add anything to the street front on either Front street or Simcoe street.

With all the great stuff they are doing at Union Station, (focusing on pedestrians) it would have been nice to see them carry the energy down the street.

There is a convention centre across the street. street front shops and restaurants would be great. this proposal is quite sterile at street level

Did you not read the ground floor plan, you know, from the same document from which your image is drawn from, and notice that there are retail spaces on both the Front and Simcoe frontage? The quality of said spaces, per plans, appear no less than what's available around Union Station. If you want to talk about frontage killers, comment on the MTCC instead, or even Simcoe place.

AoD

Last edited:
Best architects in the city right now. They have some famous projects all around the world and also designed the Nordstorm tower which is going to be the tallest residential tower in the world at 541 m that's going up in NYC right now. I hope we get a well designed building breaking the 400 m soon in Toronto.

Some movement here:)

Toronto and East York Community Council consideration on April 5, 2016
ACTION 10:00 AM, Ward:20

Permanent Closure of a Portion of the Public Lane Abutting the Northwest Corner of 156 Front Street West

ISSUE BACKGROUND
Transportation Services staff received a request from the Owner
to investigate the feasibility of closing the Lane for the
incorporation into the development of a 54 storey
office tower with 4 levels of underground parking

COMMENTS
Transportation Services has reviewed the
feasibility of closing the Lane and has
determined that the Lane can be permanently closed and sold, subject to an easement
being granted to Bell Canada for an existing maintenance hole and

http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2016/te/bgrd/backgroundfile-91318.pdf

Movement, yes, sign of ground being broken, no. The drop in commodities is hitting us hard now. My hopes for an office boom have been dashed in the last quarter or two.

we've gone a while without seeing a new building start construction, So I think we'll see something soon. 45 Bay will probably be next, but it seems to be taking a lot longer than expected when they first announced the project. As far as I know the office market is still fairly strong, But yes, we shall see.

Best architects in the city right now. They have some famous projects all around the world and also designed the Nordstorm tower which is going to be the tallest residential tower in the world at 541 m that's going up in NYC right now. I hope we get a well designed building breaking the 400 m soon in Toronto.

Not in T.O, buddy.

Does anyone have info on this project ? Why have they reduced height, usually they have a reason. Makes me think they might be zeroing in on a tenant.

Height reductions are mandatory in Toronto. They realized at the last minute that a reduction hadn't been imposed yet so they rushed one in.

Makes the building look fat and squat but, oh well.

Didn't the reduction occur after the rezoning was approved?

Anyways, you could probably buy every unit in Cityplace twice over for the real estate value of 225 West 57th (Nordstrom Tower) Insanity. I hope Extell loses its shirt on this one.

Patently ridiculous - and sour grapes!

Literally delusional. This guy has no connection to reality anymore. Maybe someone replaced the real Big Daddy with a bot that just whines about height whenever it detects the words "height" "deduction" or "council"?

Back