So what are those nubby things attached to the cladding beam structures? I presume they'll be holding something in place?

So what are those nubby things attached to the cladding beam structures? I presume they'll be holding something in place?

The historic facade that had been dismantled. Only the bottom two floors had been preserved in situ - the remainder will be reconstructed on that framework.

AoD

July 15, 2021

IMG_20210715_163115326_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210715_163239448_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210715_163330635.jpg

The historic facade that had been dismantled. Only the bottom two floors had been preserved in situ - the remainder will be r. /bowseconstructed on that framework.

AoD
I should have guessed that, since it's all sitting on top the remaining heritage structure. My bad. :(

Thanks for explaining that though!

When all these new buildings are done, you'll be almost glad to be stuck in bumper-to-bumper traffic along the Gardiner.

I take a drive downtown about once a week to check things out. I take DVP to Gardiner and get off at Spadina. Every time I'm hoping the Gardiner is jam packed bumper to bumper, but it almost never is...lol.

Did you not read the ground floor plan, you know, from the same document from which your image is drawn from, and notice that there are retail spaces on both the Front and Simcoe frontage? The quality of said spaces, per plans, appear no less than what's available around Union Station. If you want to talk about frontage killers, comment on the MTCC instead, or even Simcoe place.

AoD
160 Front West Aug.jpeg

Back