August 31, 2022

IMG_20220831_161326698.jpg

IMG_20220831_161645713_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220831_161650741.jpg

IMG_20220831_161811048_HDR.jpg

Viewed from this perspective, the Entertainment District doesn't look that dense.

It's not a stretch to say I love this building already.

And Dustin literally streeeetched the density in the pic. One too many martinis perhaps. 🍸

(gorgeous photo btw)

19 Duncan will break the tabletop, followed by Forma. There are also several proposals that go above the 156-157m 'ceiling'.

I actually like that the ED has the tabletop, mostly because they are forgettable, cheap builds anyway. It'll make buildings like 19 Duncan and Forma poke through the cheap glass ceiling and get the attention they deserve.

TO ED is awfully flat height wise - it’s all the same relative height. Wish Toronto had more peaks and spires! 160 Front at least changes that
This is the one building I really wish was (apologies in advance for employing this way overused and, frankly, insipid term) a supertall. And I mean Asian style ST, like, over 400 meters. It's a dynamic, unique, beautifully detailed tower, that if stretched to its ideal form would just look so elegant and pair up nicely with the CN tower. But western cities rarely do p**sing contest buildings so we get what the market dictates--which in this case is a stubby building, roughly the same height as the other bank towers. Which is fine, but, man, this could've been spectaculer.

I actually like that the ED has the tabletop, mostly because they are forgettable, cheap builds anyway. It'll make buildings like 19 Duncan and Forma poke through the cheap glass ceiling and get the attention they deserve.
To be fair, they may have been less cheaply built if allowed to be taller. For instance, I wonder if Nobu would have been as egregiously cheaped out if allowed to rise to, say, 60 or 70 stories.

This is the one building I really wish was (apologies in advance for employing this way overused and, frankly, insipid term) a supertall. And I mean Asian style ST, like, over 400 meters. It's a dynamic, unique, beautifully detailed tower, that if stretched to its ideal form would just look so elegant and pair up nicely with the CN tower. But western cities rarely do p**sing contest buildings so we get what the market dictates--which in this case is a stubby building, roughly the same height as the other bank towers. Which is fine, but, man, this could've been spectaculer.

Yup, I am happy that we have a bunch of supertalls coming, but they are more residential towers then they are commercial, and those just don't have the same effect as a big beaming office tower with such a big footprint. I wish this thing was between 280-310 and I would be so much more excited.

Still going to be a beauty.

Last edited:
To be fair, they may have been less cheaply built if allowed to be taller. For instance, I wonder if Nobu would have been as egregiously cheaped out if allowed to rise to, say, 60 or 70 stories.
From my understanding construction costs per sq ft generally go up over a certain height, so if anything they'd be looking for even more places to cheap out. Sweet spot for quality around here seems to midrises and smaller projects, most of our taller residential towers are mediocre.

Back