160 Front is already blocked from that vantage point by CIBC Square and the rising Pinnacle One Yonge towers.

Union Centre will definitely block this one out when or if it eventually rises. Tenants should enjoy those lake views while they last 😄
Even though most applaud the quality of construction materials , it won't add much to the skyline in years to come. I've always wondered why the designers didn't go a little higher with this one, but I guess skyline presence is always the prime consideration. It's a fine building.

Even though most applaud the quality of construction materials , it won't add much to the skyline in years to come. I've always wondered why the designers didn't go a little higher with this one, but I guess skyline presence is always the prime consideration. It's a fine building.

The "designers" did go higher... the city chopped it by 8 floors.

54 storeys:
2111-29088.jpg

UT

Was CIBC square supposed to be taller? I wish they had added like 10 floors to it
Had it gone any higher it would have blocked out the most iconic view from the CN Tower. First Canadian, TD Center, and Scotia tower would be hidden behind this tower.

I'm glad it isn't going any higher. It is already getting close to encroaching on this view as can be seen from this video from last week

Had it gone any higher it would have blocked out the most iconic view from the CN Tower. First Canadian, TD Center, and Scotia tower would be hidden behind this tower.

I'm glad it isn't going any higher. It is already getting close to encroaching on this view as can be seen from this video from last week

No it wouldn't have blocked the view of those other buildings. Just more of the middle parts of those buildings. It just would added to the great view.

Back