Oxford place towers won't affect the CN Tower! The main pod is still taller than the twin towers. Also the view from the CN Tower will look much better because the twin towers alone look ten times better than the box filled financial district! Personally I think the twin towers will make the skyline look stunning!

I had a huge argument on the Oxford Place forum page trying to argue just that.

http://www.ward20.ca/events_article.php?article=1407

Community Planning Meeting - King Spadina Neighbourhood

Date: April 28 2014
Time: 5:00-6:30 p.m.

Two separate applications for two new commercial office buildings have been received for sites at 156 Front Street West and 171 Front Street West. Please join your neighbours, City planning staff and my office to ask questions of the applicants and contribute your neighbourhood expertise to the planning process.

Perhaps just a Lease negotiation exercise but according to the Globe and Mail TD is looking around for some large chunks of office space.

Perhaps just a Lease negotiation exercise but according to the Globe and Mail TD is looking around for some large chunks of office space.

Can you include the full article ?

according to Globe and mail, td has 2 requests

- 150,000 square feet of space on a subway line, soon.
- 400,000 square feet for 2017

according to Globe and mail, td has 2 requests

- 150,000 square feet of space on a subway line, soon.
- 400,000 square feet for 2017

Link to the article?

I wonder if 16 York St could be built in time to accommodate the 400K sq ft request for 2017.

you need to be a subscriber to see the online article I believe

orZTq4d.jpg

You do hence the ask for copy / paste ; - )

Very interesting, I wonder what they have coming up that is expiring soon ... and 2017 probably isn't enough time for a large tower (well maybe late 2017). This space is available in Sun Life building and the Bremner tower, so they could go there short term ... 400K is available in Oxford place I believe too.

We'll have to see where it goes.

They have a huge back end / data facility in Markham (steeles / woodbine) would love to see those jobs move back downtown, but I doubt that is what the 400K here is referring too.

taal:

Not sure if those data centres would belong downtown, given the cost of land here. The best case scenario would be to move them into the underutilized inner suburbs instead.

AoD

400k is a lot of space for a building already going up.

I believe they have more in the TD buildings today, so its probably the main lease they have in one of those buildings (probably the largest one).

Lots of downtown jobs in the 600k TD airport campus. I could see those eventually moving back.

Back