I think maybe he was just sharing his own conclusion and people don't need to become oddly defensive about it...

Why can't they orient the wider side of the tower north-south and leave the warehouse alone. Yet another beautiful old warehouse gets molested in a lame cop-out excuse for heritage protection.

Why can't they orient the wider side of the tower north-south and leave the warehouse alone. Yet another beautiful old warehouse gets molested in a lame cop-out excuse for heritage protection.

That's a little dramatic, don't you think? There's nothing beautiful about this building. If I were the developer I would have pushed hard to have it demolished.

An education: Union Station Conservation District Plan, approved by the city in 2006 of which this building was deemed important enough to be part of.

Education indeed. There is a difference between fact and opinion, which some people here don't understand. Liking an old warehouse is allowed here; disliking it makes you uneducated. Nobody has objective knowledge of what good architecture looks like. It's just personal opinion.

It's just an old warehouse.

No. It's not "just" that. It's a part of the city's (disappearing) heritage and it adds character to the area.

Any normal person would know that.

No. And pulling out the "normal person" schtick makes you sound like a ten year old.

Defending ugly old buildings makes you look pretentious.

No. It makes your comments appear poorly considered and lacking in critical thinking skills.

Education indeed. There is a difference between fact and opinion, which some people here don't understand. Liking an old warehouse is allowed here; disliking it makes you uneducated. Nobody has objective knowledge of what good architecture looks like. It's just personal opinion.

Ish. It's less the dislike of a particular building than the knuckle-dragging, neanderthalic, *tear it all down* stance you've adopted that has other members calling you out. Maybe some context / justification as to why this building should meet the wreckers ball might help others see your point?

Ish. It's less the dislike of a particular building than the knuckle-dragging, neanderthalic, *tear it all down* stance you've adopted that has other members calling you out. Maybe some context / justification as to why this building should meet the wreckers ball might help others see your point?

Knuckle-dragging and neanderthalic. You've just made my point: you're a snob. I want that building replaced because I don't like the way it looks. That's a valid opinion based on my own preferences. The difference between us is that I'm willing to acknowledge it.

Advocating the destruction of an old building is no less valid a stance than advocating its preservation, regardless of the snobbish opinions of some people here.

Knuckle-dragging and neanderthalic. You've just made my point: you're a snob. I want that building replaced because I don't like the way it looks. That's a valid opinion based on my own preferences. The difference between us is that I'm willing to acknowledge it.

Advocating the destruction of an old building is no less valid a stance than advocating its preservation, regardless of the snobbish opinions of some people here.

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha. Hilarious

Back