Plazacorp.

One Seventy
tw4yA9D.jpg

I hope they resurrect the previous exterior design or do something similar to it.
The warehouse-inspired design was so much more tasteful and would really fit in here.

Planning is saying, essentially, that the proposal is too big, too tall for the site, and that they are continuing to work with the developer to produce a revised proposal which would better fit with the tall buildings guidelines as they pertain to this property. There's an October OMB pre-hearing before which they would like to have an agreement with the developer, but if the talks lead nowhere, Planning wants authorization from Council to oppose the development at the OMB hearing that would result.

Rejected at 17 storeys by OMB.

"In issuing its decision rejecting the applicant's proposal, the Board also outlined a set of conditions under which it would consider a revised proposal, should the applicant agree to proceed in this manner. One of these conditions is that the height of the building shall be a maximum of 12 storeys and shall not exceed the width of the Spadina Avenue right of way. Other conditions relate to the distance between surrounding properties and appropriate transition to these buildings."

That seems very sensible to keep that road width to height ratio here. I hope that this is kept massing is kept comparable along the breadth of Spadina from around Queen north. I think the OMB did quite well in their decision, and no, I'm not a nbhd (or otherwise) NIMBY.

Back