Undead

Member Bio
Reaction score
N.B. I'll be posting a bunch of recent development applications in Barrie. Generally, I'll only be including proposals that have had some activity in the last 2-3 years. There are a few more proposals that seem to have stalled years ago, so my posts today aren't exhaustive. But it's clear development is on fire in Barrie--another place flying relatively under the radar like KW and Hamilton. Apologies if any of these proposals have already been posted and please merge the threads.

Application: https://www.barrie.ca/City Hall/Pla...pments/Ward8/Pages/175-and-199-Essa-Road.aspx

AddressType of ApplicationStatus
175 & 199 Essa RoadOfficial Plan Amendment
D09-OPA080
Under Review
Zoning By-law Amendment
D14-1695
Under Review
Plan of Subdivision
D12-451
Under Review
50 Wood StreetOfficial Plan Amendment
D09-OPA081
Under Review
Zoning By-law Amendment
D14-1697
Under Review

175 & 199 Essa Road​

SGL Planning & Design Inc. has submitted applications on behalf of 2106580 Ontario Inc. for an Official Plan Amendment, Zoning By-law Amendment and Plan of Subdivision to faciliate a mixed use residential and commercial development.

50 Wood Street​

SGL Planning & Design Inc. has submitted applications on behalf of Osmington (Wood Street) Inc. for an Official Plan Amendment and Zoning By-law Amendment to change the principle of land use from Highway Industrial to Residential and Open Space at 50 Wood Street to faciliate residential development, stormwater management and daylighting of Hotchkiss Creek in coordination with 175 & 199 Essa Road.

Renders:

1.JPG
2.JPG

3.JPG
4.JPG

Look at this bad boy:
5.JPG

Streetview:

6.JPG

Just feel the need to ask a question at this juncture.........at the point where I've lost track of how many Barrie projects saw new threads today.........

In the voice of a petulant child in the back seat of a car on a moderately long trip......... "Are we almost there yet?"

It's not that I don't like Barrie threads and all; but as someone who feels the need to read every thread in the Buildings section at UT.......ya know, I do have a day job already!

Also you may wish to take it easy on the poor UT Staff..........between the 167% increase in planning applications in the last 4 months........

The return of the Hamilton Projects led by @innsertnamehere

The endless supply of Kitchener area projects from @Bjays92 (most of which don't even have database files yet!)

Plus the flurry of Docs posted today........

I believe they are all on their 10th cups of coffee since Noon, trying to keep up! LOL

lol holy crap. that would make for a dramatic entrance to Barrie.
And absolutely gridlock the area.

It's hard to tell from the render but it looks like the curling club is still there. Must be a tenacious bunch. I've always wondered about Barrie's planning decisions. This used to be the city's fairgrounds - they're now in Essa Twp. The city's major sports field is in Springwater, and they can't seem to have a road that runs for more than a few blocks without changing its name.

And absolutely gridlock the area.

It's hard to tell from the render but it looks like the curling club is still there. Must be a tenacious bunch. I've always wondered about Barrie's planning decisions. This used to be the city's fairgrounds - they're now in Essa Twp. The city's major sports field is in Springwater, and they can't seem to have a road that runs for more than a few blocks without changing its name.
Time for a line 1 extension to Barrie.

Looks like this has taken a large step forward with a CIHA application to the Province. Also a mention of using the rail line that connects to the Allendale GO station as a transit route?! (This line extends west to a town called Angus which is halfway to Collingwood! Hmmmm 🤔) 4,000 units and a new school.

IMG_8379.png

Last edited:

Back