Pretty massive site to work with at the SE corner of Pharmacy & Eg:

1592878996413.png

So I see the city is intent on allowing for the creation of the third coming of CityPlace but in Scarborough this time. At this rate we would be better off just handing that joke of a developer Concord all these plots of land is this is what we're going to be getting.

Also, they cant even spell the word "Birchmount" properly. I'm really getting embarrassed for this city.

I see that the developers and their beloved Toronto architects are going to content themselves with the same kind of architecture as highway 401 for the Golden Mile.

Need to see an App for the Eglinton Town Centre site next.

It has essentially no relationship to the streets around it; it's a huge, bloated block; and incredibly unpleasant to navigate as a pedestrian.

The O'Connor extension would cut through the site, giving it much better E-W connections.

At over 300M wide at its widest, the site also needs subdivison on the N-S axis.

Would love to see the Cinema rebuilt up against Eglinton, with the screens on the 2nd or 3rd level up, and an old-style movie marquee outside.

Have the new N-S street lined with restaurants w/patios by design.

I wonder when the anchor leases are up there (Canadian Tire and Cineplex)

Last edited:
These plans are just high-level massing models prepared for an Official Plan Amendment. The designs will definitely change.
Let's hope they change dramatically.

Unfortunately the site plan leaves a lot to be desired as well, its way too generic.

What about the Golden Mile Secondary Plan (to be approved)? Will it not change this proposal? The plan says that development around Laird Station need to have design "of the highest quality", so why does this look like crap?

Back