This is a lazy, crude and frankly, offensive proposal that screams investor condos.

Beyond the lame and overdone design language (which would be right at home at Dundas and Jarvis), the livability of the units (1200+ of them with 8 elevators?!) is what is most jarring. It's very likely that this is another application to unlock value and facilitate flipping (15m separations, no set backs...).

My old 350-unit, 4 elevator building where an elevator wait was never more than a few seconds feels dreamy compared to some of these storeys!
That's a huge building! I've never lived in any building that requires more than two elevators. I dont recall wait times in my old building from childhood, but I dont think it was very long to wait. Nowadays, I don't usually bother with elevators in my current building since either one of them is out of service, or they're too slow and I walk a few flights of stairs in impatience since it's not an inconvenience.

This is a massive building in any case...1,200 flats?

I've been sloooowly adding about 4 dozen updates to my 2020 Future skyline from Bloor-Yorkville to the lake (zoomed/viewed from Humber Bay) .... as an in-progress "coming soon" here's a zoomed cropped piece with 19 Bloor West in the Bloor-Yorkville nabe.

Low res
111-New-Yorkville-screenshot.jpg

Attachments

• 111-New-Yorkville-screenshot.jpg
    111-New-Yorkville-screenshot.jpg
    388.5 KB · Views: 46
I've been sloooowly adding about 4 dozen updates to my 2020 Future skyline from Bloor-Yorkville to the lake (zoomed/viewed from Humber Bay) .... as a "coming soon" here's a zoomed cropped piece with 19 Bloor West in the Bloor-Yorkville nabe.

Low res
View attachment 461495

Excellent work @3Dementia

I think too many of you are jumping the gun here in terms of the proposals design and massing. This design will not stay the same and it's more of a massing exercise for the site. How many times did The One, and One Bloor East change before something was actually built? If and when this becomes a serious proposal it's going to take at least 5 years to get shovels in the ground.

Source: skyrisecities.com
22373-77646.jpg

I think too many of you are jumping the gun here in terms of the proposals design and massing. This design will not stay the same and it's more of a massing exercise for the site. How many times did The One, and One Bloor East change before something was actually built? If and when this becomes a serious proposal it's going to take at least 5 years to get shovels in the ground.

Source: skyrisecities.com
22373-77646.jpg

You really have to be around here for a long time to be familiar with this Young + Wright 1BE visioning/proposal.

AoD

The p*nis one would of been an embarrassment... >.<

I 've been around here for a long time, since Pantages was the most exciting project in the city. As for Yorkville Proposals, the high-end ones seem to change the most from the first renders to the final designs. We all knew that 19 Bloor would one day make way for a tower, I for one am excited to see how this one progresses before it goes into sales.

I 've been around here for a long time, since Pantages was the most exciting project in the city. As for Yorkville Proposals, the high-end ones seem to change the most from the first renders to the final designs. We all knew that 19 Bloor would one day make way for a tower, I for one am excited to see how this one progresses before it goes into sales.

Yep you're around since the ezboard days.

AoD

Back