I don't think anyone who lives in Yorkville and shops at Pusateri's is on the lookout for bolts of crepe to sew her own cushions.

While true, it's also worth saying there was a Fabricland in the Hudson's Bay Centre for years (where the Dollarama is now); While there is lots of luxury traffic here, there is also lots of other traffic as well. The store is only 1km and change from a No Frills at Sherbourne.

Yorkville is also very dense with tailors and seamstresses. If you want custom work done it's probably the best part of town to head to.

Granted, they may not be getting their fabrics from Fabricland. But it's not just home hobbyists who might shop there

While true, its also worth saying there was a Fabricland in the Hudson's Bay Centre for years (where the Dollarama is now); While there is lots of luxury traffic here, there is also lots of other traffic as well. The store is only 1km and change from a No Frills at Sherbourne.
I was only making a cheap satirical jibe about the typical resident of this area, who, generally speaking, is not inclined to undertake DIY projects that might involve shops like Fabricland.:)

Can we all sing it together: "Fa--bric--land, Fabricland!"
I'll join the chorus ... but only if Toronto continues to ramp up the tune 🎶

"Fab-brick-land" (interesting pre-cast acceptable, hand-laid preferred).

I don't think anyone who lives in Yorkville and shops at Pusateri's is on the lookout for bolts of crepe to sew her own cushions.
Just watch the Yorkville residents go nuts over this just like they went nuts when Winners was opening at Yorkdale because it wasnt "pretigious" enough; I'll have my popcorn ready for the moment.

Just a little snapshot of those days where a lot of those residents were throwing a fit:

While true, its also worth saying there was a Fabricland in the Hudson's Bay Centre for years (where the Dollarama is now); While there is lots of luxury traffic here, there is also lots of other traffic as well. The store is only 1km and change from a No Frills at Sherbourne.
Yes, I shopped there a lot back when I lived on Maitland. I'm probably in the minority here, but I'm super happy there'll be a Fabricland right close to a subway stop again. 😁

Can we all sing it together: "Fa--bric--land, Fabricland!"
My mother is a quilter, ahem a fibre artist, and in fact a three-time nationally award winning one, and one room in her house is dedicated to such craft. When people get toured through her studio, we always sing that jingle when throwing open the closet doors. One of the family rituals!

This design better evolve. Needs to be changed up (DRP) Even better would be a change in developers & esp architects. ibi is using white instead of grey- that’s at least a positive. And I’m fine w ibi building in GTA but NOT downtown. Maybe because I, like most everyone here, follow a lot of architecture sites around the world & I see some of the buildings being proposed in places like London, Chicago, Sydney, Tokyo. Supertalls in big city’s prime downtown areas in 2023 are supposed to be “attractive” w a standout design. And beside The One - which I like- makes it look that much more inferior. A no all around. Looks like Lego. Tall Lego but cheap Lego.

I'm not even taking this proposal seriously atm. Lots of time and potential for change.

Back