From the City Hall's green roof on June 25, 2022:

IMG_5224.jpeg
IMG_5225.jpeg
IMG_5226.jpeg

Beautiful restoration and well-above-average cladding on the tower, but imagine what it would look like if the fins were bronze to match the bricks on the heritage base ...

Only a portion of this building will be seen from this location. Once they build the smaller Forma tower in front of it. As seen in the photos up above.

Pecault Square needs a serious re-think and reno. It's embarrassing.

The BIA does have it on the to-do list to put some money into it, they have a couple of projects they want to see there, including investing in, and altering the sunken water feature area beside RTH.

I don't know if any of it is in the capital plan though as yet. (ie. funded)

The BIA does have it on the to-do list to put some money into it, they have a couple of projects they want to see there, including investing in, and altering the sunken water feature area beside RTH.

I don't know if any of it is in the capital plan though as yet. (ie. funded)
The first thing they need to do is get rid of the rats, literal not figurative ones although I'm sure the latter make their way there too, especially during TIFF. Over the past coupe of years, I've seen rats scurrying about in the square on multiple occasions. Gross. The whole place looks dated and forlorn. Sad and not what David Pecault's legacy deserves. Anyway, I'll leave it at that.

Back