This is stunning. I appreciate the high quality curtainwall cladding and lack of wraparound balconies. Nothing screams lazy more than a building with window wall and wraparound balconies, so you can pitch every unit as having a "balcony" to investors. We need more rentals if it means an end to that trend. Most balconies collect dust/act as storage and obstruct unit views 99% of the time. I'd be in favour of the city banning balconies above the 12th floor or something.

I'd be in favour of the city banning balconies above the 12th floor or something.
We use our high-floor balcony almost every day, for at least 7 months of the year, sometimes more. I can't imagine living this high up without that outdoor space. The idea of "banning" balconies because you don't like the look of them is bizarre.

We use our high-floor balcony almost every day, for at least 7 months of the year, sometimes more. I can't imagine living this high up without that outdoor space. The idea of "banning" balconies because you don't like the look of them is bizarre.
I made a typo there. It was supposed to say that I'd be in favour of the city banning wraparound balconies above Xth floor. I'd say that most people above a certain floor would benefit from the views, window washing, lack of cigarette butts/bird poop/snow accumulation/etc. Not to mention you can still have balconies, just not ones that cover the entire outside frontage of your unit. Wraparound balconies are just easier to sell to investors who will never step foot in the unit. It's easier to include a balcony for every single bachelor unit when you just slap it on the entire exterior of the building. I don't just dislike the look. I dislike the view from inside units with wraparound balconies.

Admittedly, I do dislike large balconies, especially ones on higher levels, but my biggest issues with them (besides what I've already said) is that they're indicative of lazy design.

9BCC0922-78A4-4507-B37D-4CFCDB231734.jpeg
B970FCEC-1BBE-48D1-8AD3-6D51941B29D7.jpeg

Back