Maybe we should get more Vancouver developers building in Toronto. On the whole it appears Vancouver architecture and building materials surpass Toronto's.

Yes! More of companies like Concord Adex... (Hint: a bit of sarcasm for an overly simplistic statement...).

Concord Pacific Place still offers a significantly more pleasant pedestrian experience than Concord Adex.

It looks fantastic. It will be interesting to see if the quality is maintained throughout. Here in Vancouver, Westbank is known for interesting looking buildings that have unusable floorplans, poor quality interiors, long lists of deficiencies that are never addressed, and endless problems with leaks and other mechanicals.

You’ll see some interesting stories if you scroll back in these threads for Vancouver House, Telus Garden, and Woodwards, which are some of their flagship projects:

Last edited:
I'm not sure the whatabout'isms of developers elsewhere is helping much with our plight. While the actuals is that Westbank seem to be proving quality projects here, while Concord not so much so.

Yes! More of companies like Concord Adex... (Hint: a bit of sarcasm for an overly simplistic statement...).
I appreciate your sarcasm, I think, but can you argue that, for the most part, Vancouver does not have more interesting architecture than Toronto, certain developers aside?

Jan 31 and 28, 2022

31gIzPV.jpg

76ACE1AA-B304-45B0-AF1F-D214DA8F96F7_1_201_a.jpeg

F763A121-CBAF-4C89-9491-1AE1CC31E66B_1_201_a.jpeg

E0ECC7A7-4D59-4315-BADE-753B66FFE517_1_201_a.jpeg

1C8F586F-730C-44F4-BC6F-185D36A2E134_1_201_a.jpeg

3206E8B5-2311-4A81-8E1C-9ACADC9A2AA3_1_201_a.jpeg

01B5F081-9852-46DE-86BD-9932B75825E7_1_201_a.jpeg

44844C08-91BF-405A-BDF6-45D3E94E7040_1_201_a.jpeg

Unrelated, while on the rooftop, I caught this anomaly at the CN Tower. (It was a cold day and my camera battery did conk out not long after.)

T8iPmlI.jpg

Last edited:
I appreciate your sarcasm, I think, but can you argue that, for the most part, Vancouver does not have more interesting architecture than Toronto, certain developers aside?
The street level is generally handled much better in Vancouver than Toronto regardless of the developer. Once you get above the lower few floors, then overall I agree.

Their recent list of developments and proposals is much more daring and "out-of-the-box" than Toronto's overall tbh.
Especially considering the fact that it's a smaller city.
And even despite its size difference from Toronto, most would argue the pedestrian-level architecture and experience is much better there than here.
Vancouver is the closest thing Canada has to match Sydney and Melbourne in Australia on the street level.

With this beauty rising, suddenly its neighbour a block to the north dosent seem so 'boutique' anymore.

Back