A view of the site currently and how it will look if designs remain and is approved by Ajax Council. (Rendering created by us)
71C078C3-CDAD-43F2-B781-C5005FCBAEA2.jpeg
1F21BC40-A512-4D53-88E9-B82118545EF5.jpeg
0ABE894F-7858-4019-BE63-5452DF5D3302.jpeg

Last edited:
Just to be clear, I am in no way against this kind of densification around GO stations. But I do wonder how long it will be, if ever, before this no longer sticks out like, well, two 57 storey towers in the middle of suburbia.

Also, nothing is walking distance from this spot except a pool and hot tub store, a storage place, and various car shops and dealerships. Locations like this would be so much better off with MPCs where people could actually live comfortably without a car. Every single person in these towers will have to drive a car to get literally anything except chlorine tabs for the hot tubs they don't have.

Last edited:
Just to be clear, I am in no way against this kind of densification around GO stations. But I do wonder how long it will be, if ever, before this no longer sticks out like, well, two 57 storey towers in the middle of suburbia.

Also, nothing is walking distance from this spot except a pool and hot tub store, a storage place, and various car shops and dealerships. Locations like this would be so much better off with MPCs where people could actually live comfortably without a car. Every single person in these towers will have to drive a car to get literally anything except chlorine tabs for the hot tubs they don't have.
Just to add, this is within the MTSA so there will be future development surrounding these towers. I believe the applicants also added that they would like to build 5 towers in total. (if approved). Furthermore, in Ajax’s 2051 vision, this whole stretch of Westney (from Fairall Street to Bayly) and East towards Downtown Ajax is expected to be redeveloped. In addition there is a proposal for three high-rises and stacked townhouses (I believe tallest is 29-storeys) just across from this site.

In addition, there will be a grocery store on-site. It will be located on the second level.

Now the proposal is 60 storeys, two 51 storey towers on top of a 9 storey podium. They also added an extra elevator to each tower, so 4 elevators per building. There are some other changes as well.

I am late in joining the conversation here, but does the Town of Ajax have a master plan for a dense urban environment in this area similar to the Mississauga City Centre and Vaughan Metropolitan Centre? The two large towns by themselves on a strode with low rise structures seems a bit odd.

Details from the above:

1686260969454.png

* Town of Ajax planning staff really don't like this..........and I completely understand, it's garbage.

1686261191802.png

1686261160846.png

We have these quotes because the 'planners' working for the proponent are engaging in an open back and forth w/staff in their addendum.

Note to would be planners in private practice, it does not generally work well for you or your client to do that.

Ha ha.....

1686261361930.png

Ok for this next bit, I'm going to include the full exchange.........

1686261436374.png

1686261486390.png

To be clear on this one the Town staff are being a bit silly in implying there is a rigid need to stick to 2.5FSI; the planner has a point there.......but calling the number arbitrary; and then providing a justification that
amounts to 'because we can'.......wow!

LOL

It just keeps going

@ProjectEnd and @innsertnamehere and @ADRM among others need to read this..............it's somewhere between gut-splittingly funny and utterly cringe. I will say, Ajax planning staff have a couple of goofs in their stuff too.....but....

I am late in joining the conversation here, but does the Town of Ajax have a master plan for a dense urban environment in this area similar to the Mississauga City Centre and Vaughan Metropolitan Centre? The two large towns by themselves on a strode with low rise structures seems a bit odd.
This development is located within the Ajax Go station mixed-use area and the developers are planning to build several more towers within this area once the first two are complete. It’s also in close proximity to Downtown Ajax, which is being redeveloped as well. We created this model back in 2022, the surrounding buildings are likely to be taller in height.
F7035EC2-3203-4333-A38F-B0C5CF7830D8.jpeg

Are you folks sure this is not an a-A? Not enough balustraded balconies and pineapple-festooned finials as Mr. 42 calls 'em to be a Wengle here. >.<

Are you folks sure this is not an a-A? Not enough balustraded balconies and pineapple-festooned finials as Mr. 42 calls 'em to be a Wengle here. >.<

You're not wrong; though the facts seem to disagree. But between you and the facts, I'm leaning to you. LOL

Can someone link the PDF directly here? I can't seem to find it on that Ajax town link above.

@Northern Light
You rang?

The database has been updated with stats from the resubmission. Overview of changes:

Both storey counts increased from 57 to 60, both heights increased from 181.5m to 191.9m
Total residential units increased from 1199 to 1249, hotel units decreased from 24 to 22.
Total vehicular parking decreased from 969 to 850.
Total bicycle parking decreased from 801 to 654.

Last edited:

Back