Your friends at Oxford are speculating on the timeline of a Quadreal project? Hey, why not............... LOL
Yes, shockingly people in the same industry talk. But you're speculation is better, I'm sure. How about I buy you a coffee in the lobby of this place if you're able to order one and enjoy it in less than 10 years from now.

Yes, shockingly people in the same industry talk. But you're speculation is better, I'm sure. How about I buy you a coffee in the lobby of this place if you're able to order one and enjoy it in less than 10 years from now.

I don't know that my speculation is better; and I certainly count on that type of talk for a lot of the info I post here.

this is a horrible proposal... destroying established vintage buildings to cram yet another plain glass box in a space that it doesnt fit, either physically or contextually. so much of Toronto's once great financial core skyline has been damaged by moves like this in recent years. this will be the death blow if it ever gets built. everything in this city is driven by greed and never by vision or civic pride.

I'm curious why the spire height isn't in the thread title...

Toronto Model 11-29-22 191 Bay.png

Toronto Model 11-29-22 191 Bay2.png

Last edited:
this is a horrible proposal... destroying established vintage buildings to cram yet another plain glass box in a space that it doesnt fit, either physically or contextually. so much of Toronto's once great financial core skyline has been damaged by moves like this in recent years. this will be the death blow if it ever gets built. everything in this city is driven by greed and never by vision or civic pride.
I do love when you bumble back in here from time to time, rehashing threads that haven't had an update in over a year, just to make a buffoonish, mercurial, statement about 'the death of Toronto' as you sagely view it from across the lake (though maybe down south now?). Never change, Redroom, never change.

I made the new flyby because somebody else bumped the thread!

The balcony is part of the third iteration of this proposal.

I assume this is now indefinitely delayed. Is it?

It is not formally delayed, but it never had a formal starting date either.

It awaits an anchor tenant, generally, at least 60% lease-up.

It does not have that, and is therefore not in motion.

But be assured, if someone comes along, Quadreal will happily take their money.

To my understanding this, The HUB and Union Centre are all looking for tenants currently. And since the economy is right sizing in the not-so-over pandemic...it will likely be a very long while before these places will get any prospecting nibbles. Best thing to do is hope we're still around when they finally get built... >.<

Last edited:

Back