AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Toronto
Chalk up another one for the Golden Mile. NE corner of Hakimi & Eg, one block west of Warden:

1910 EGLINTON AVE E
Ward 21 - Scarborough District

Redevelopment of the site for a 30 storey mixed-use building on the former Mitsubishi lands.

1593524508730.png

Last edited:
Nice map!

Why do I have the feeling that this ain't over yet? 😅

Plenty more sites with redevelopment potential still.

I'm most curious about Eglinton Town Centre - it seems to be the largest single site on that stretch, but also pretty complicated in that it straddles inside and out of the Golden Mile Secondary Plan Area. Also, does anyone know who owns it? Paracom is the leasing broker, but I can't seem to find anything about ownership...

It'll be quite a sight to see in around 10-20 years time along the Golden Mile, and having a dense row of highrises lining it. Images of contempory major throughfares in cities like Seoul or Shenzhen come to mind. Or a more local example, perhaps something along the lines of North York CC if retail spaces and pedestrian friendly initiatives can be sustained along Eglinton.

I'm most curious about Eglinton Town Centre - it seems to be the largest single site on that stretch, but also pretty complicated in that it straddles inside and out of the Golden Mile Secondary Plan Area. Also, does anyone know who owns it? Paracom is the leasing broker, but I can't seem to find anything about ownership...

I was thinking it might be under CTREIT's books seeing as there is a Canadian Tire there, but according to their interactive map it looks like they are just leasing the space.

With the exception of 1891 Eglinton and Eglinton Square, everything along the south side of the Golden Mile is employment designated in the secondary plan. Which i think explains the general lack of applications. Probably not a lot of interest in purely employment based intensification up here.

Also, @ProjectEnd, Riocan has filed an OPA for their lands at Thermos and Eglinton. The only lands along Eglinton East that have residential use permissions not to have an OPA filed with the city right now is the Petro Canada at Pharmacy and Eglinton, The Burger King at Pharmacy and Eglinton (which I seem to recall seeing listed for sale at one point, so it's likely coming), and the Metro lands that are a part of Eglinton Square.

Last edited:
Turner Fleischer:

1594143008692.png

1594143080452.png

1594143120730.png

1594143157307.png

Never mind the render of the building................the context is priceless! Eglinton will be completely empty, no other buildings for dozens of miles!

I can hear the buyer's remorse complaints already! But the rendering showed I would have a Lake view!

Back