Northern Light

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
This is a high-profile site with a new application in the AIC for 2 45s towers............with a 10s podium. (is that streetwall?)

N/W corner of Yonge/Chaplin (Davisville)

1636285397676.png

Link: http://app.toronto.ca/AIC/index.do?folderRsn=WDu2RZu5PBhYxfm7vvj/dA==

Aerial Pic:

1636285475842.png

Streetview:

1636285571997.png

Site size: ~0.58ha/1.45ac

I assume the podium would contain replacement office space, but we shall have to wait and see.

xy3

Member Bio
Reaction score
I hope the podium includes a multilevel atrium with retail and office space. Indoor space and direct subway connection is a huge benefit especially in brutal windy winters.

Too many podiums are overly simplistic with cavernous double height single story retail units that face the street.

Last edited:

AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Toronto
These properties are owned by Davpart:

cd concept

Member Bio
Reaction score
Are they building the two towers on top of this building ? Because it's looks like this building is ten storeys! By looking at the photos up above.

Northern Light

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Are they building the two towers on top of this building ? Because it's looks like this building is ten storeys! By looking at the photos up above.

The office component here is 8 storeys.

Amare

Member Bio
Reaction score
I thought the idea was to taper height down from Yonge and Eglinton...not have it skyrocket again around Yonge and Davisville.

Northern Light

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
I thought the idea was to taper height down from Yonge and Eglinton...not have it skyrocket again around Yonge and Davisville.

Clearly you had a nap when this proposal across the street from this site came out!

Makes for a clear enough explanation of 'precedent'

Amare

Member Bio
Reaction score
Clearly you had a nap when this proposal across the street from this site came out!

Makes for a clear enough explanation of 'precedent'
Wow that one flew over my radar. Gotta love "precendents".

Undead

Member Bio
Reaction score
Y'all are hopeless asleep at the wheel. Doncha know we have a done deal 79 storey proposal just down the road?! 🤪

Northern Light

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
So I guess you're saying they're tearing down this building and starting over.

While that does seem likely, I can't say that for sure.

What I can say for sure, is that the office component of the existing complex is 8 storeys.

There's no hidden messages here. LOL

Midtown Hank

Member Bio
Reaction score
Amazing the trend in seeking density. Looks like Yonge & Davisville is trying to become the new Yonge & Egg. This proposal at N/W corner is seeking higher density than the N/W corner of Yonge & Egg. They should at least have tried to step back the podium to allow more sidewalk/pops/outdoor area, similar to RioCan's Yonge & Egg development. Wind at this intersection is already a problem. My disabled daughter walks by this everyday with a caregiver from her day program to the subway.