Northern Light

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
This is a high-profile site with a new application in the AIC for 2 45s towers............with a 10s podium. (is that streetwall?)

N/W corner of Yonge/Chaplin (Davisville)

1636285397676.png

Link: http://app.toronto.ca/AIC/index.do?folderRsn=WDu2RZu5PBhYxfm7vvj/dA==

Aerial Pic:

1636285475842.png

Streetview:

1636285571997.png

Site size: ~0.58ha/1.45ac

I assume the podium would contain replacement office space, but we shall have to wait and see.

I hope the podium includes a multilevel atrium with retail and office space. Indoor space and direct subway connection is a huge benefit especially in brutal windy winters.

Too many podiums are overly simplistic with cavernous double height single story retail units that face the street.

Last edited:
These properties are owned by Davpart:

Are they building the two towers on top of this building ? Because it's looks like this building is ten storeys! By looking at the photos up above.

Are they building the two towers on top of this building ? Because it's looks like this building is ten storeys! By looking at the photos up above.

The office component here is 8 storeys.

I thought the idea was to taper height down from Yonge and Eglinton...not have it skyrocket again around Yonge and Davisville.

I thought the idea was to taper height down from Yonge and Eglinton...not have it skyrocket again around Yonge and Davisville.

Clearly you had a nap when this proposal across the street from this site came out!

Makes for a clear enough explanation of 'precedent'

Clearly you had a nap when this proposal across the street from this site came out!

Makes for a clear enough explanation of 'precedent'
Wow that one flew over my radar. Gotta love "precendents".

Y'all are hopeless asleep at the wheel. Doncha know we have a done deal 79 storey proposal just down the road?! 🤪

So I guess you're saying they're tearing down this building and starting over.

While that does seem likely, I can't say that for sure.

What I can say for sure, is that the office component of the existing complex is 8 storeys.

There's no hidden messages here. LOL

Amazing the trend in seeking density. Looks like Yonge & Davisville is trying to become the new Yonge & Egg. This proposal at N/W corner is seeking higher density than the N/W corner of Yonge & Egg. They should at least have tried to step back the podium to allow more sidewalk/pops/outdoor area, similar to RioCan's Yonge & Egg development. Wind at this intersection is already a problem. My disabled daughter walks by this everyday with a caregiver from her day program to the subway.

Back