ericmacm

Member Bio
Reaction score
This is a very old proposal dating back to 2015 at 195 Dundas Street in downtown London. Three towers (35s, 32s, 19s) were originally planned, with the first phase being the 19s tower. The design eventually changed to a 25s first phase and it is currently under construction. The second phase for the remaining two buildings has not seen any additional info since the original proposal, and it is highly likely that they are being redesigned to be taller. It is not anything special design-wise, but it will fill a very large hole in the downtown core when fully built out.

First phase:
195Dundas1.png

Original design for full build:
195Dundas2.png

195Dundas3.png

195Dundas4.png

195Dundas5.png

195Dundas6.png

195Dundas7.png

195Dundas8.png

Thanks for the background Eric! This one is now topped out and nearly entirely clad.

Here's some photos through the construction process to date.

Dec 2020 digging underground levels (from Reddit)
rspxbn3aaz361.jpg

Dec 2021:
jXLf7IP.jpeg

NgsBI63.jpeg

Sept 2022 from Reddit:
View attachment 494476

Nov 2022 start of cladding installation:
7a2UyaB.jpg

j8T9dNR.jpg

And some photos from last week by me:
View attachment 494477
View attachment 494478
View attachment 494479
Thanks for posting some photos on these threads! I’ve been meaning to get around and grab some photos myself but I always forget to do it when I’m downtown lol.

From January:

IMG_5877.jpeg

Great update! I will be in London next weekend so let me know if you missed anything that you wanted.

I find some cities like London and Winnipeg funny as the residents complain how dangerous and dead the central area is but when you go you see a dozen buildings going up! Lol

I was in London last weekend for a concert and can confirm the central area is very dead feeling 😂

Condos going up but the increased density doesn't seemed to have helped improve the downtown at all. Lots of abandoned storefronts and homeless people

The deadness of downtown London is indeed a problem. It’s not all dead though - Richmond Row is seeing most of the foot traffic these days. Every new tower that gets built will improve things, it will just take time.

Most of the new buildings aren’t even done or fully tenanted yet so the effects largely remain to be seen.

Follow up: Probably already on your list of things to see, but I would highly recommend checking out the Covent Garden Market @rdaner. A highlight of the city IMO
Seconded - I love Covent Garden. The coffee from Hasbeans and the cheese from Smith Cheese are both incredible. I only get my coffee from Hasbeans these days haha.

The website for this tower is now up and is scheduled to start filling up this month. Can a grocery store of some type be far behind?

Back