Automation Gallery

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Hmm?? don't know if it's 2 or 20 storeys, but with that sq. ft./m. most likely 20s
Looks like the new bldg. will be @ the back of this

49 SPADINA AVE
Ward 20 - Tor & E.York District

Zoning By-law amendment to facilitate the construction of a new 2-0-storey (plus mechanical penthouse) mixed-use building on the eastern portion of the site. The proposed new building will have a gross floor area of approximately 18,762 square metres (including 827 square metres of retail space on the ground and B1 levels).
Proposed Use --- # of Storeys --- # of Units ---
Applications:
Type Number Date Submitted Status
Rezoning 17 122573 STE 20 OZ Feb 28, 2017 Under Review

upload_2017-3-1_1-31-41.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-3-1_1-31-41.png
    upload_2017-3-1_1-31-41.png
    2 MB · Views: 2,595
Is the former railway ROW part of this building site, or the adjacent development parcel? (or neither)

I guess they'll keep the old brick facade for the the podium. And build a new blue green glass facade on the the top of it.

Probably assuming that future development will be right up to the edge and hide the south wall.

Regardless- interesting to see 20 floors of office it seems, and it's a plus that the post & beam interior of Steele Briggs will be kept.

Probably assuming that future development will be right up to the edge and hide the south wall.

Regardless- interesting to see 20 floors of office it seems, and it's a plus that the post & beam interior of Steele Briggs will be kept.

It does not. The 400 Front application not only proposes a small, pedestrian space in between the two properties at grade, it also features north facing units which would look directly out onto this lazy mess.

In honestly there's no telling if the projects were developed with knowledge of one another, but in this case I would imagine the landowner being interested more maximizing development on their own individual property rather than integrating this development into the wider 400 Front development.

Anyways, I presume the cores are on south side so any sort of fixing up of the south facade would probably involve different cladding materials and patterns.

The cores, washrooms and stairs are indeed on the south side. That's no excuse for the lazy, responsibility-shirking 'metal panel cladding' though. I understand that this is preliminary but if we don't make a fuss now, it'll just slip by.

Back