In honestly there's no telling if the projects were developed with knowledge of one another
This project comes a couple of years after the 400 Front proposal, (going to the OMB presently), and yes, absolutely, they would know exactly what is planned there.

So I guess it would be a case of willful ignorance then?

The owner of 49 Spadina is free to develop as they see fit, and hence they choose a route that ignored aA's site plan.

All this fuss about the proposed material on the south side of the building? This is way too preliminary to know what it will look like, or if the material changes.

All this fuss about the proposed material on the south side of the building? This is way too preliminary to know what it will look like, or if the material changes.

The fuss is about the fact that it's a blank wall, as proposed. The material is a secondary concern.

The fuss is about the fact that it's a blank wall, as proposed. The material is a secondary concern.

It could end up having an artistic pattern to it, or it could become glass... I think it's a bit early to get upset about this.

It could end up having an artistic pattern to it, or it could become glass... I think it's a bit early to get upset about this.

It is early, yes, but early is precisely the time to be discussing this: people have been tweeting about it today and developers and architects see that. It is known to have influenced decisions on other occasions in our city, and it does have to come earlier than later in the process.

Honestly, truly, this is one of the most chic and most sleek proposals I've seen in a while.

Back