I think this is an admirable proposal as well
I don't get the massive blank wall facing southeast. Even if it does have the elevator core and washrooms backed up against it, either find places to place windows—clerestory ones if nothing else—or propose something engaging to cover the wall with. No building as high as 20 storeys should be going up with a wall that screams "this is the back side that no one cared about": to ignore it is to be truly pathetic, not admirable.

I wasn't referring to the (conjectured) blank wall. As you mentioned earlier perhaps there is an unknown at this point. An adjacent future building?

It's not hard to find that information @LUVIT!. The first page of this thread in fact...

It does not. The 400 Front application not only proposes a small, pedestrian space in between the two properties at grade, it also features north facing units which would look directly out onto this lazy mess.

This is hopeful:

Dermott.JPG

Attachments

• Dermott.JPG
    Dermott.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 1,078
Notice of public meeting, from Cressy's latest newsletter:

400 Front St W and 49 Spadina Ave - Community Consultations
Wednesday February 28, 2018, 6:30 pm
Metro Hall (55 John St), Room 310

These two re-zoning applications south and east of Clarence Square Park are proposing, together, to building four residential towers and one commercial tower. They have both been appealed to the Ontario Municipal Board (OMB). I have organized this public meeting with City Planning staff to ensure that you have an opportunity to ask questions and give your comments in advance of the Board hearings.

Is there a link to any documents regarding the city's position on the project.

Haven't seen them, but my take is the city probably wants the 2 tallest towers @ 400 Front reduced down to the 130m-157m range? i doubt the city has much of a problem with the 20s office tower @ 49 Spadina
.. problem is in the vicinity to the south and west they have already approved 3 bldgs. of 233m, 206m, 174m,

Last edited:
This will probably be good to go,
whats there not to like about a 20 storey office structure @ Spadina + Front to compliment The Well

This has changed pretty significantly.

It seems to have been adopted in a form similar to the below but because the attachments in the amendment are confidential, we can't yet see exactly what was approved:

backgroundfile-117334_Page_1.jpg

backgroundfile-117334_Page_2.jpg

backgroundfile-117334_Page_3.jpg

backgroundfile-117334_Page_4.jpg

Attachments

• backgroundfile-117334_Page_1.jpg
    backgroundfile-117334_Page_1.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 1,048
  • backgroundfile-117334_Page_2.jpg
    backgroundfile-117334_Page_2.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 1,036
  • backgroundfile-117334_Page_3.jpg
    backgroundfile-117334_Page_3.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 1,067
  • backgroundfile-117334_Page_4.jpg
    backgroundfile-117334_Page_4.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 1,045
Nice:cool:...I heard that the landlord of this building has all its tenants on a 60 day notice from the time they feel like proceeding on this development

Back