Taken yesterday. I thought they were prepping for demolition, but it turns out they plan on opening an LCBO here:
20181227_151925.jpg

Unrelated to the new building, but some significant work has been done on the existing structure. Final prep is underway for the new retail tenant to start their fitout.

This will be a flagship LCBO and the move here from King will coincide with that buildings demo and subsequent redevelopment. Expect very ‘non-standard LCBO’ design and finish.

Leasing brochure with a couple of renderings here: http://s3.amazonaws.com/spacelist-p...49_Spadina_Avenue__Toronto__ON.pdf?1410500750

F3C843DE-B259-4C88-AC54-F50F9F15D595.jpeg
423517DE-B57C-4BDE-ACD6-D81999E725D2.jpeg
406ED9F9-7C84-42B1-A76E-B8D5A2FB1527.jpeg
7640EAB5-A14E-4AB3-B2D8-D263E682813E.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure my eyes are tricking me, but how high is the ceiling in the basement? Looks pretty low.

Great project overall, though I hope that in the future, they'll also redo the window fenestration.

What offices are in the rest of the building ? Or an assortment of tenants ?

The new 49 Spadina LCBO location (relocation of the existing King and Spadina location) is planned to open on Tuesday, July 9. There is already a lot of new stock set up on the shelves inside. Existing King and Spadina store staff will be relocating to the new location.

The new office tower component to be known as 2 Clarence Square. The project listing mentions an estimated completion in 2023.

Portland Property Group have also changed their name to WolfeCorp.

The new office tower component to be known as 2 Clarence Square. The project listing mentions an estimated completion in 2023.

Portland Property Group have also changed their name to WolfeCorp.

The map on the website shows a different location.

im not sure about the location of this project but in the past some projects were marked wrong on the map but if you let the staff members know they correct it quickly

Back