@emphur did give us a warning couple weeks ago that we could very well be getting Woodbourned here.

For awhile now......

I've been thinking I recognized @emphur

But I couldn't quite place from where...........

And you brought it all together for me Albert.........

I saw him in a movie...........

Its called "A Christmas Carol"

Emphur plays the part of the Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come...........

Where he shows the principle Character Ebenezer Scrooge the consequences of the dark path he was on, and the need to mend his ways.

Clearly Emphur is here to fill that role for UT to encourage us to stop bad architecture everywhere!

Last edited:
TAS sells 75% stake in 2 Tecumseth to Woodbourne
No they didn't sell, they completely sold out...

...and we're left with a dumspter fire of a proposal I hope that City Council flat out rejects. It's not like they didn't reject the better designs before this. Just saying.

I’m confused as to why they are using Adamson for the whole project - have they ever even done an entire residential building like this? It leads me to think it’s a placeholder, but why would you use a place holder in a site plan application? Makes no sense.

It's a placeholder submission, folks. Nothing to get too worried about.
Even if just a massing exercise at this point…
IFD0OWMU43.png

…and considering that the renderings do give some hope for passable exterior treatments…

30012-139913.jpeg

30012-139912.jpeg

30012-139914.jpeg

…it seems that a lot of the creativity has been drained out of this proposal. Here's hoping for better than my significantly lowered expectations.

Even if just a massing exercise at this point…
...that's my issue though. It means we're quite likely going to get a layout of clonky awkward placed buildings Time and Space style in this exercise. And that's not promising or reassuring at all, IMO.

Some news from TAS to area residents on their contact list - after what seems to have been a very long process, including actual construction related activities on the 2 Tecumseth project are due to start shortly. From the email received from TAS:

Hi Neighbour,

I’m reaching out from TAS – the developer leading the 2 Tecumseth project. You are receiving this email because you are on the stakeholder mailing list and we have some exciting updates to share:
  • Demolition is planned to begin this October and will take place over the next 5-6 months. This will include removal of controlled substances, salvaging of material to be re-purposed in the new development as well as demolition of the existing buildings.
  • Construction is scheduled to start in Spring 2023.
We plan to send updates to you via email when there are major milestones or activity expected on site (approximately one email every couple of months). If you would like to be removed from the construction update mailing list, please let us know by responding to this email. Updates will also be posted to our website: https://tasimpact.ca/project/2-tecumseth-street/#construction

Some news from TAS to area residents on their contact list - after what seems to have been a very long process, including actual construction related activities on the 2 Tecumseth project are due to start shortly. From the email received from TAS:

Hi Neighbour,

I’m reaching out from TAS – the developer leading the 2 Tecumseth project. You are receiving this email because you are on the stakeholder mailing list and we have some exciting updates to share:
  • Demolition is planned to begin this October and will take place over the next 5-6 months. This will include removal of controlled substances, salvaging of material to be re-purposed in the new development as well as demolition of the existing buildings.
  • Construction is scheduled to start in Spring 2023.
We plan to send updates to you via email when there are major milestones or activity expected on site (approximately one email every couple of months). If you would like to be removed from the construction update mailing list, please let us know by responding to this email. Updates will also be posted to our website: https://tasimpact.ca/project/2-tecumseth-street/#construction

Since you sent me looking:

1664367157836.png

That reminds me, I meant to post a link to this Twitter thread from last week with some interior photos of the abattoir:

For the click-averse, lets bring the pics from this Twitter thread forward:

Full Credit to David MacMillan as the thread author:

Abattoir:

1664378851656.png

The Barns

1664378892717.png

The Kill Floor

Incinerator/Destructor:

1664378931554.png

Boiler Room?

1664378967279.png

Cobbled Ramp where horses led carts full of garbage