Which project are you referring to? I know about the Coffin factory and associated two buildings to the south. Are you saying that they will be taking down the Victorian homes to on the southern side of Niagara east of the Coffin Factory and the community centre to the south of them? To build a tall building?
The houses on the south side of Niagara will stay but the slaughterhouse property will be redeveloped and the city has some plans out for a partner on the Wellington Destructor iirc.

Which project are you referring to? I know about the Coffin factory and associated two buildings to the south. Are you saying that they will be taking down the Victorian homes to on the southern side of Niagara east of the Coffin Factory and the community centre to the south of them? To build a tall building?

@Msleylar has got you.

But let me offer a bit of advice here..........don't ask too many questions all at once.

It will confuse both those that can give you answers, and you, when you get them, as you try to figure out which question is being answered!

Lots of members here are knowledgeable about development in general and this area in particular, but we aren't all online at any given time.

Breathe.....someone will get to your question within a day or 2........if no one does, it's ok to re-ask.

Not sure where to place these photos, but I believe this site on Niagara will be part of 2 Tecumseth. In the meantime, someone has created a very interesting and lively site on a nondescript one story commercial building.

DSC03577.JPG

DSC03578.JPG

DSC03579.JPG

This is a Bentway project (as the sign says).

Suspect that both of you are right. The sign also says co-presented by TAS. I believe that TAS is the owner of the building, and offered it to the Bentway Project for their use as part of their Playing in Public exhibition. TAS has used this building in the past for community consultations and presentations for their 2 Tecumseth project, and suspect that its ultimate redevelopment or refurbishment will be done in conjunction with the 2 Tecumseth project.

Whether this Niagara corner building will be split off into a separate thread will be seen in the fullness of time....

Suspect that both of you are right. The sign also says co-presented by TAS. I believe that TAS is the owner of the building, and offered it to the Bentway Project for their use as part of their Playing in Public exhibition. TAS has used this building in the past for community consultations and presentations for their 2 Tecumseth project, and suspect that its ultimate redevelopment or refurbishment will be done in conjunction with the 2 Tecumseth project.

Whether this Niagara corner building will be split off into a separate thread will be seen in the fullness of time....
Thank you. When I walked by this building previously, I saw a "Notice" sign referring to the 2 Tecumseth project. Also, I recall seeing a project property outline showing this property as part of the 2 Tecumseth project.

Thank you. When I walked by this building previously, I saw a "Notice" sign referring to the 2 Tecumseth project. Also, I recall seeing a project property outline showing this property as part of the 2 Tecumseth project.

Yes this looks to be 125-133 Niagara, which forms part of the overall 2 Tecumseth land assembly/project, though it is separated from the main site by the public lane to the rear.

Screenshot 2021-08-24 at 12.37.50 PM.png

TAS recommended as the proponent for the Wellington Destructor
96d9-SvNDestructor-Learning-Stair-scaled.jpeg
96f9-Destructor-Rendering.png
9790-SvNSite-Components-Diagram-scaled.jpeg

TAS recommended as the proponent for the Wellington DestructorView attachment 355448View attachment 355449View attachment 355450
I like that the Pavilion is now clearly part of the project as the lands where it is being built would have otherwise cut the development off from Wellington St.

As per the October 5 CreateTO report:

Head Lessee Proposal for the Wellington Destructor
The selected project proposal (the "Project Proposal") by TAS provides the highest financial returns to the City and includes an innovative vision for the conservation of the heritage Wellington Destructor building as well as construction of a new low rise pavilion fronting along Wellington Street. All new uses within the property will fall within the following three programmatic categories: education, creation and innovation. The vision for the re-use of the Wellington Destructor is compatible with the planning framework of the surrounding neighbourhood.
The Project Proposal includes a variety of community, non-profit, commercial and light industrial uses, and a diverse range of tenancies and programming partners that balance affordability and public access with commercial returns.
The unique physical characteristics of the historic Wellington Destructor and its landscape’s history will be acknowledged and interpreted to create a set of flexible spaces focused on providing new gathering areas for neighbourhood residents.
A new pavilion building is proposed to front the Property along Wellington Street West, and will host complimentary commercial tenancies including retail/café/restaurant and atelier-style office spaces for creative and technology industries. There are two below-ground levels: the first level includes a proposed neighbourhood energy system and the second level will house light industrial space.
The Project Proposal will include sustainable technologies, high performance landscape design and building envelopes, pavilion green roof, and photovoltaic panels on the Wellington Destructor building.

TAS recommended as the proponent for the Wellington DestructorView attachment 355448View attachment 355449View attachment 355450

I like that the Pavilion is now clearly part of the project as the lands where it is being built would have otherwise cut the development off from Wellington St.

As per the October 5 CreateTO report:

Head Lessee Proposal for the Wellington Destructor
The selected project proposal (the "Project Proposal") by TAS provides the highest financial returns to the City and includes an innovative vision for the conservation of the heritage Wellington Destructor building as well as construction of a new low rise pavilion fronting along Wellington Street. All new uses within the property will fall within the following three programmatic categories: education, creation and innovation. The vision for the re-use of the Wellington Destructor is compatible with the planning framework of the surrounding neighbourhood.
The Project Proposal includes a variety of community, non-profit, commercial and light industrial uses, and a diverse range of tenancies and programming partners that balance affordability and public access with commercial returns.
The unique physical characteristics of the historic Wellington Destructor and its landscape’s history will be acknowledged and interpreted to create a set of flexible spaces focused on providing new gathering areas for neighbourhood residents.
A new pavilion building is proposed to front the Property along Wellington Street West, and will host complimentary commercial tenancies including retail/café/restaurant and atelier-style office spaces for creative and technology industries. There are two below-ground levels: the first level includes a proposed neighbourhood energy system and the second level will house light industrial space.
The Project Proposal will include sustainable technologies, high performance landscape design and building envelopes, pavilion green roof, and photovoltaic panels on the Wellington Destructor building.
We have a thread for the Wellington Destructor here

Back