In my opinion what I think is going to go here in the future is another huge office building that will complement the three towers beside it.
Not a chance. If they're going to have to be extremely creative to figure out how to get one or two residential towers in at 750 m² with acceptable separation distances, there's no way they'll muscle a 2,000 m² office tower floor plate in there. In the ad, Canada Lands is suggesting condo towers, not an office tower.

Not a chance. If they're going to have to be extremely creative to figure out how to get one or two residential towers in at 750 m² with acceptable separation distances, there's no way they'll muscle a 2,000 m² office tower floor plate in there. In the ad, Canada Lands is suggesting condo towers, not an office tower.

Yeah nothing big enough down there to build an office tower, really i can't see anymore office towers built in SouthCore away from whats already planed for 1 Yonge street,
unless the city decides it wants office space instead of residential built @ 11 Bay Street which is probably the last piece of land left

It refers to the City but doesn't get into the details

"Proposed development on the Conference Centre site will require further discussion with the City of Toronto. The existing Management Agreement is flexible and has provisions to accommodate unlocking the development potential."

"11 BAY STREET – WESTIN HARBOUR CASTLE CONFERENCE CENTRE According to Bousfields Inc., the Conference Centre site could accommodate a two tower scheme with a 4-storey podium, subject to a successful rezoning. Currently, the existing 2-storey Conference Centre contains ~110,000 gross square feet. Bousfields has made the evaluation that the site can support the development of a 57-storey tower at the northeast corner of the block with a floor plate of ~10,000 square feet and a 52-storey tower at the southwest corner of the site with a floor plate of ~9,400 square feet. A podium that connects the two towers could be constructed to include a grand entrance with street or underground parking, and public space servicing both towers. This would eliminate the existing ~110,000 square foot Conference Centre. The development potential of the two towers at the Conference Centre site have been estimated to be a total of ~1,130,000 square feet. Further negotiation is required with the City of Toronto for development at the Conference Centre site"

[
Yup, here's a conceptual visualization of that setup (a third tower added south of QQ and two towers on top of a podium north of QQ) from the vendor booklet:

View attachment 138324

Haha, sorry to get off topic but it's exciting times in Toronto :)

Canada Lands contacted us regarding this sale, and we now have a front page story up about it.

From the materials:

37888-126673.jpg

vs. what I drew up in Post 1:

I made up a very liberal development envelope in MS Paint given my understanding of the Tall Building Guidelines, and using the ruler on Google Maps; tower in red, podium in green. Open to comments/corrections/redos.
TcFUriM.png

Right off the bat the setbacks from Harbour Street don't look appropriate. Otherwise, two towers looks managable, they'll just be skinny things though.

Yeah, of all the sites to earmark, this isn't going to yield much cost-effective density. With the cost of demo-ing the parking garage, digging down and building 100 storeys, it just seems like more political grandstanding than anything.

Yeah, of all the sites to earmark, this isn't going to yield much cost-effective density. With the cost of demo-ing the parking garage, digging down and building 100 storeys, it just seems like more political grandstanding than anything.

One might be better of spending that money and add a few more floors to proposed affordable housing builds at Alex Park, whatnot. But I am sure that'd be popular.

AoD

One thin tall supertall condo tower in the middle of the development. Standing on top of a 6 Storey office podium with a dedicated park on top. would suit this development without disturbing the neighbours cross the street! It anyone can photo shop that image for reference please do thanks.

One thin tall supertall condo tower in the middle of the development. Standing on top of a 6 Storey office podium with a dedicated park on top. would suit this development without disturbing the neighbours cross the street! It anyone can photo shop that image for reference please do thanks.
A supertall ain't gonna fly on that podium...

Quick lil 5 minute rendering I sauced up to illustrate, doesn't really go too well with the whole slope down towards the west that SouthCore has.

111 57 X Toronto.jpg

Skyline image via forum member BB ON via July 3 daily photo: https://urbantoronto.ca/news/2019/07/skyline-view-toronto-islands

Rendered tower via SHoP Architects: https://www.shoparc.com/projects/111-west-57-street-2/

Back