interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
From http://product.costar.com/home/news/shared/191908?market=178

Snippets:

Remenyi House of Music Ltd. agreed to sell its building at 210 Bloor St. West, where it has been located since 1979, for $25 million, according to data obtained by CoStar research.

As part of the sale, which was listed by Noah Schwartz of Lennard Commercial Realty, Remenyi House is providing financing of $12.5 million.

Remenyi and Tribute officials could not be reached for comment but the deal for 0.19 acres of land and the 18,873-square-foot building, including 24 surface lots, is the latest for the area of the city just west of Yorkville where condos continue to dominate the landscape.

"You could do a variety of things there," said Shaun Hildebrand, senior vice-president of condo research firm Urbanation Inc., referring to the site. "It would be in high demand among investors because of the proximity of Yonge St. but also because of (being across the road) from the University of Toronto. You could do a more downsized building with larger units."​

Great news to see this parcel being redeveloped, not so great news about Remenyi (I hope they're not shuttering).

I bought two pianos there, and always bought my sheet music there (ever since the RCM stopped selling it in their store, pre-renovation).

Agreed. I bought my violin there, and went to school with their daughter. They are an important musical resource in this city!

They've got a pile of money to open a new store with, so here's hoping…

My parents purchased a good number of piano books for myself there back when I was young. Yes, I was a student of the Royal Conservatory of Music.

Remenyi was the place for sheet music and instruments.

There's also Long and McQuade at Bloor and Ossington as well. I really hope that Remenyi survives.

Ironically, both Remenyi and Long and McQuade sell music composition software (Finale and Sibelius) and electronic keyboards and digital pianos.

Last edited:
Both sides.

IMG_8864.JPG
IMG_8878.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_8864.JPG
    IMG_8864.JPG
    170 KB · Views: 2,550
  • IMG_8878.JPG
    IMG_8878.JPG
    215.2 KB · Views: 2,596
Remenyi will no longer be a holdout.

Can't afford to be one there anymore.

In a few years, the building Gabby's is in now will be re-developed.

OMG I think anyone passing by wouldn't be so pleased to hear me play after this many years without practice.

Take some pics of the demolition at the same time. UT readers will be pleased.

Back