trinavu

Member Bio
Reaction score
212 Queen Street West: A 3-storey rental apartment designed by Fausto Cortese Architects for Land Pride Group on the southwest corner of Queen Street West and Winston Boulevard. east of Weaver Street, the Hespeler neighbourhood of Cambridge.

Renderings are from the submission package.
Architectural-Design-Package-212-Queen-St.jpg
Architectural-Design-Package-212-Queen-St1.jpg
1.jpg
Urban-Design-Brief-212-Queen-St.jpg

You know, I really don't mind that.

This is the site, as is:

1675111703867.png

Its opposite this:

1675111784336.png

The river lies beyond the building.

You know, I really don't mind that.

This is the site, as is:

View attachment 453348

Its opposite this:

View attachment 453350

The river lies beyond the building.
If they added another floor or two, they'd clear the old mill building beside them sightline-wise, and anyone on the top floor amenity would get a view to the riverbank and countryside landscape beyond. Besides, we're having a little ole housing crisis right now, and 5 storeys in dntn Hespeler probably wouldn't destroy anyone's neighbourhood. Go bigger!

If they added another floor or two, they'd clear the old mill building beside them sightline-wise, and anyone on the top floor amenity would get a view to the riverbank and countryside landscape beyond. Besides, we're having a little ole housing crisis right now, and 5 storeys in dntn Hespeler probably wouldn't destroy anyone's neighbourhood. Go bigger!

That's an entirely reasonable thought.

* As a side note, I'd really love to see that old mill restored w/the windows back in (historically accurate, please)

Back