I'm thrilled, but I'm worried they'll make it worse (cuz this is Toronto). Is this just a different rendering or have there been any changes?

With a Park Lawn GO station, if it gets frequent service (which it will), I can't see how the Food Terminal doesn't become a very strong potential development site. It would be a great place for an office district, with a pretty good connection to downtown. The site is 40 acres... could do something similar to East Harbour.
I wouldn’t worry about it too much. It will take 20 years before completion of this project (like City Place) and during that time we’ll have several changes in all levels of government who will change anything and everything one after another.

...I hope it doesn't all end up as 70 story buildings of City Place.

Can't wait- Construction start 2024 according to Allies and Morrison website

Christie's.jpg

First Capital can you acquire all the condos east of Eau de Soleil and redevelop the entire south side of Lake Shore into something cohesive in inspiring?

Sincerely,
Most of Urban Toronto members
Usually there will be more pressure to densify once these developments come to fruition. Although, first capital should
...I hope it doesn't all end up as 70 story buildings of City Place.
There are varying building heights, and some are tall which is fine because toronto is going to add an extra million people by the time it is done. They look really pretty and add character unlike the ugly slabs at city place.

Why is that important? The Food Terminal's role is probably not what most people think it is. The vast majority of produce bypasses it and goes directly to massive retailer/distributor distribution centres in the suburbs. The facility is antiquated and of convenience only to small or specialty operators, and could serve that role as well on an industrial site in Mississauga/Brampton.
For the sake of this thread I wont go into deep details, but here's a great read which applies to many businesses in Toronto and the GTA:

There are varying building heights, and some are tall which is fine because toronto is going to add an extra million people by the time it is done. They look really pretty and add character unlike the ugly slabs at city place.
I get that. But if ends up with the look and quality of City Place though, it would be best if this project is sunk now to allow a better developer at the wheel is what I am saying.

Can't wait- Construction start 2024 according to Allies and Morrison website
Are those still the placeholders?

Why is that important? The Food Terminal's role is probably not what most people think it is. The vast majority of produce bypasses it and goes directly to massive retailer/distributor distribution centres in the suburbs. The facility is antiquated and of convenience only to small or specialty operators, and could serve that role as well on an industrial site in Mississauga/Brampton.
For the sake of this thread I wont go into deep details, but here's a great read which applies to many businesses in Toronto and the GTA:
Following that story from January, 2019, in July, 2019 the provincial government passed legislation to protect the Ontario Food Terminal. It is not going anywhere:

Ontario Food Terminal lands
47.1 (1) The lands upon which the Ontario Food Terminal is situated and the prescribed surrounding lands are hereby designated as a provincially significant employment zone, in recognition of the pivotal role the Ontario Food Terminal plays in the Province’s agricultural and food network.​
Protection​
(2) A municipality shall not, by by-law, resolution or otherwise, permit any rezoning, development or use of the lands designated under subsection (1) that would conflict with their use as an employment zone.​
Regulations​
(3) The Minister may make regulations,​
(a) identifying the lands on which the Ontario Food Terminal is situated more specifically and prescribing surrounding lands for the purposes of subsection (1);​
(b) governing the protections that apply to lands designated as a provincially significant employment zone under subsection (1), including prescribing protections that apply in addition to those identified in subsection (2).​
Conflict​
(4) This section applies despite anything to the contrary in a municipality’s official plan, in a growth plan made under the Places to Grow Act, 2005 or in any other provincial plan.​

Source: https://www.ola.org/en/legislative-business/bills/parliament-42/session-1/bill-127

is my mind messing with me or does that render have 42 park lawn in there too?

that'd be the first render we have of that, no?

the fish is pointing to it below. ignore the giant macaroni that kraft seems to have left on the site, that future is avoidable

View attachment 298474
"ignore the giant macaroni" was the point where I knew @DopeyFish needs some outside time

This should be fully complete by 2045. By that time the Square One District will be done, East Harbor will be complete, Metro Toronto Convention Center will be re-developed, a new Stadium replacing the Skydome would have been built, and the Ontario Line will be done as well and hopefully Toronto will have an NFL team with a stadium at Downsview and many other skyscrapers would have been built including Mirvish+Gehry, and YSL.

Toronto will only be second to New York in terms of skyscrapers in North America.

This should be fully complete by 2045. By that time the Square One District will be done, East Harbor will be complete, Metro Toronto Convention Center will be re-developed, a new Stadium replacing the Skydome would have been built, and the Ontario Line will be done as well and hopefully Toronto will have an NFL team with a stadium at Downsview and many other skyscrapers would have been built including Mirvish+Gehry, and YSL.

Toronto will only be second to New York in terms of skyscrapers in North America.

And a one bedroom condo in Barrie will cost $750,000 :)

Back