interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Toronto
I don't want to sidetrack this thread much longer… but If people are interested in tracking their movie watching, I suggest Letterboxd… where Chain Reaction, that I've never heard of, enjoys a middling rating of 2.5 out of 5. Myself, just got back from Dune Part One, which enjoys a 4.1 on Letterboxd. I'll likely be rating it .4 higher than that.

UtakataNoAnnex

Member Bio
Reaction score
I don't want to sidetrack this thread much longer… but If people are interested in tracking their movie watching, I suggest Letterboxd… where Chain Reaction, that I've never heard of, enjoys a middling rating of 2.5 out of 5. Myself, just got back from Dune Part One, which enjoys a 4.1 on Letterboxd. I'll likely be rating it .4 higher than that.

...so it got your spices flowing?

WillTo

Member Bio
Reaction score
I don't want to side track either, but I want to say that after Parasite won the Golden Globe award, it wasn't at the bougie SilverCity up the street and one of the few places you would see it in theatres was at the Canada Square and that was probably the last film I saw there :-(

AlvinofDiaspar

Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Toronto
...so it got your spices flowing?

Hush, unless you want to meet the Bene Gesse...UT Gom Jabbar. On another note, Dune Part II got the go-ahead.

@interchange42

How's the "gore" level for Dune? I am not particularly keen on that, and trailers and whatnot hasn't been too encouraging on that front.

AoD

interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Toronto
Hush, unless you want to meet the Bene Gesse...UT Gom Jabbar. On another note, Dune Part II got the go-ahead.

@interchange42

How's the "gore" level for Dune? I am not particularly keen on that, and trailers and whatnot hasn't been too encouraging on that front.

AoD
Certainly the threat or carrying out of violence looms large, but the gore level is low, some blood occasionally while most brutality takes place off-screen or at a distance. What looms larger in one's visual cortex most of the time are the landscapes, built environment, and technology. Like those 'thopters — wow.

AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Toronto

Event Information: Canada Square Community Consultation - Presentation and Information Meeting

Date and time:Thursday, November 25, 2021 7:00 pm
Eastern Standard Time (Toronto, GMT-05:00)
Change time zone
Duration:2 hours
Description:
Join us at this Virtual Community Consultation Meeting to learn more about the development proposal for the Canada Square site. The meeting will include presentations and a question and answer portion where local residents and stakeholders can ask questions and provide feedback.

The City has received an application by Oxford Properties Group and CT REIT to amend the Zoning By-law to permit a 5-tower mixed use development including new TTC infrastructure, a new public road, public park, multiple Privately Owned Publicly-Accessible Open Spaces (POPS), and community space at the Canada Square site located at the southwest corner of Yonge Street and Eglinton Avenue West.

Thursday, November 25, 2021 from 7:00 to 9:00 pm
Presentation & Information Meeting: The meeting will include presentations from City staff and the applicant and a question and answer period as time permits.

For further information on this application, please refer to the contact information below or view the submission materials on the Application Information Centre at: www.toronto.ca/2180YongeSt

Northern Light

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Final Report on this one is deferred by mutual agreement of the the proponent, Oxford and the City, to Q1 2023.

This, from an update to next week's Planning and Housing Ctte: https://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2022/ph/bgrd/backgroundfile-227707.pdf

From said update:

1656337927184.png