As for the Plaza by Humber Loop, it was only built the last decade and crying out to be towers. Mostly mid-rise and will be look at closely once the new GO station gets built.

Have you been near the Humber Loop in the summer time? ?? That smell is awful, can't imagine ever living beside a waste treatment plant and paying a premium.

Have you been near the Humber Loop in the summer time? ?? That smell is awful, can't imagine ever living beside a waste treatment plant and paying a premium.
Been there dozen of time during the hot spells and you hardly notice the smell.

LOL have you tried turning left on The Queensway going East. Best of Luck.

What about car wash??

Islington and Queensway.

They've been looking to sell this site off for a while now, not to mention the one at Church and Dundas is on the market.

Islington and Queensway.

They've been looking to sell this site off for a while now, not to mention the one at Church and Dundas is on the market.
Hmm. Didn't know about Church and Dundas. Another downtown gas station gone.

What's left for gas stations?
- The two on Spadina south of King
- Wellesley and Jarvis
- Parliament south of Wellesley
- Richmond and Parliament
- King and Strachan
- Jarvis and Richmond
- Yonge and Church (Canadian Tire)

Personally I'd love for that list to shrink to 0.. Beyond maybe the one in Cabbagetown and King/Strachan all of them are prime intensification sites that could likely support 30+ storeys. They can't all be long for this world..

Islington and Queensway.

I know the neighourhood, that is miles away from Lake Shore/Park Lawn is what I'm trying to get at.It always had line-ups for the wash even more so then busy Islington & Queensway intersection.

Wonder if there are fire codes or building regulations that prohibit gasoline/diesel stations under highrises?

curbside_pump.jpg

Curbside gas pump
From link.

Hmm. Didn't know about Church and Dundas. Another downtown gas station gone.

What's left for gas stations?
- The two on Spadina south of King
- Wellesley and Jarvis
- Parliament south of Wellesley
- Richmond and Parliament
- King and Strachan
- Jarvis and Richmond
- Yonge and Church (Canadian Tire)

Personally I'd love for that list to shrink to 0.. Beyond maybe the one in Cabbagetown and King/Strachan all of them are prime intensification sites that could likely support 30+ storeys. They can't all be long for this world..

Stretching the definition of "downtown" with the first three, of course, but nonetheless notable given proximity to a subway station in one case and, in all cases, to rapidly densifying corridors:
- Dupont and Emerson
- Dupont and Bathurst
- Davenport and Dupont
- Queen and Walnut
- Dundas and Manning
- The super random one at Harbord and Major

And then a little further west (and thus an even further stretch from "downtown", but nonetheless all adding to the list of ones I too would love to see cease to exist):
- Dundas and College
- Dundas and St. Clarens

Guess you were lucky those dozen times and the wind direction wasn't blowing towards the lake! That #$%^ stinks

Mate, I live right beside the Gardiner and the busiest train tracks in the country running diesel trains (for some reason, neanderthals)...you wan't to complain about stench? Come wash my windows, you'll learn something.

Even though April Fools has already passed, please tell us this is a late joke.
$40 million suggests this is no April Fools joke.

According to the sales brochure, Urban Strategies looked at two options for the site. The first a realistic 26-storeys option, the second, a 50-storeys tower that would likely be a fight to LPAT to get approved.

1618432101867.png

A conceptual rendering from same brochure:

1618432447357.png

Last edited:

Back